Our next hire....

DaddyChad

Will inevitably be someone we’ve never heard of. If we’re getting a Butch Jones, Jeremy Pruitt, Dooley type hire why not sign them to a contract that has incentives for recruiting, making a bowl, wins, etc. If we’re going to be cheap with hires could we at least be smart where we can walk away if the experiment isn’t working?

What coach will take the job if they know we’ve already got one foot out the door?

EDIT: PS, Pretty sure Pruitts contract includes bonuses for bowl games. Most HC contracts do have performance based incentives already.

What coach will take the job if they know we’ve already got one foot out the door?

EDIT: PS, Pretty sure Pruitts contract includes bonuses for bowl games. Most HC contracts do have performance based incentives already.
Okay I'll work for a base of $250,000 and the incentives for wins, recruiting and bowl games heck I'll even do a year to year contract.

I’m qualified.

My kid got a “C” in math. His mom and teacher told him that wasn’t good enough but I told him he was a life champion.

They didn’t think that made the right impression on him, so I painted “opportunity is nowhere” on his bedroom wall.

I give him cornbread for breakfast too

Just try to find a resume better than that.

Last edited:
I’m qualified.

My kid got a “C” in math. His mom and teacher told him that wasn’t good enough by I told him he was a life champion.

They didn’t think that made the right impression on him, so I painted “opportunity is nowhere” on his bedroom wall.

How many years you got in teaching kindergarten?

I’m qualified.

My kid got a “C” in math. His mom and teacher told him that wasn’t good enough by I told him he was a life champion.

Sorry, not enough double negatives, cliches, and "aights."
But keep watering the bamboo and being resilient...

Volnation has been patient. Losing 6 in a row by double digits will make any fan base demand a change.

Maybe your expectations are to low?
This is an insane comment.

You didn't hear a ton of calls for Pruitt's job until the humiliating loss to Kentucky.

Unlike our prior terrible coaches (Dooley and Jones), Pruitt can't even use injuries as an excuse. He's even managed to rack up a historic losing streak in spite of having more off days to plan for the next game.

He's in over his head and there's no other explanation.

The question is whether Tennessee fires him before he craters the program (which he's basically already done) or if they tough it out another year.

Volnation has been patient. Losing 6 in a row by double digits will make any fan base demand a change.

Maybe your expectations are to low?
You are pointing out things I am not refuting, except my expectations.
Trust me, I know how patient we have been. I've gone to home game every year during the past decade of misery.

I'm not even saying Pruitt is the guy.

My argument, lets not judge based on 2020. Yes, he is on the hot seat next year and recruiting needs to improve dramatically. But I just don't know what to make of this year.

I’m qualified.

Did you tell him he had a five star heart? If not I'm not completely sold on your resume.

VN Store

Back