Our first game

VolNGA1

I'm going to guess we pick up a "buy type" of game against an in-state team around Dec. 9th to get in a game before Cincy.

Reactions: AlcoVOLic
ETSU next game 8th vs UNC Ash.
Heard Shay, their Coach say they would like to pick up a game before then. Think they would rather play a lesser opponent than UT, though.

Belmont would be a great one to schedule. Would benefit both teams and would be a challenge

Oooh, I love that idea. I’d certainly like to see UT open up its season against a decent team (KenPom #87) a la Belmont and get their feet wet before a slightly more challenging game (KenPom #60) versus Cincinnati.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind UT's attempt to schedule awful programs like Middle Tennessee several weeks out. Not only does MTSU not move the needle in terms of quality wins come Selection Sunday, but inking a deal with them puts you at risk of both missing that game due to MTSU experiencing COVID-19 issues and leaves you in a tough spot in the very likely scenario that a better game comes available.

I wish that Tennessee would try to keep as many openings in December as possible and pounce the very moment that a legitimate at-large contender has an opponent suddenly back out of a game due to the virus.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind UT's attempt to schedule awful programs like Middle Tennessee several weeks out. Not only does MTSU not move the needle in terms of quality wins come Selection Sunday, but inking a deal with them puts you at risk of both missing that game due to MTSU experiencing COVID-19 issues and leaves you in a tough spot in the very likely scenario that a better game comes available.

I wish that Tennessee would try to keep as many openings in December as possible and pounce the very moment that a legitimate at-large contender has an opponent suddenly back out of a game due to the virus.
Bird in the hand

Agreed but when given a choice why not schedule WKU or Belmont to help your resume over a Mtsu ?

I agree. Take the best opponents. I didn't know MTSU was that bad. Seems like they were pretty good a few years ago

VN Store

Back