Our constant crying is stroking Florida’s ego.

I really don't see the logic of negavols posting = stroking Gator fan egos.

And I FOR DAMN SURE don't understand the logic that the more Vols fans think UT can win that somehow translates into a different outcome in the game.

That latter theory ...

200w.gif
Yeah we ain’t winning. People who think that are inhaling the copium.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Well a couple-three things.

One, we ARE NOT as bad as FSU. Those are fighting words. FSU lost to an FCS team on a play where their DBs just didn't make an effort. We lost to a mid- to upper- tier ACC team with a QB that may be able to hold a clip board in the NFL. Yes, Pitt lost to Western Mich, but anyone with any sense knows that football doesn't have the communicative property from math. That is, Team A beats Team B who beats Team C, doesn't mean Team A will beat Team C. Western Michigan is actually a decent MAC team. So maybe Pitt is solidly middle tier ACC, but that's still big step up from Jax State.

Two, Volsheimer's has not been thing in a long time. That poster might as well say he's old as ****. When is the last time UT fans started complaining in November that we could have beaten Florida? Maybe 2006? That's the last time I recall. That was solely a Fulmer-era thing. How old is that guy, anyway? I freely admit that I'm 55, lol.

Three, we are better than "being in the basement by Vandy". Like it or not, we did beat USC junior and Mizzou last year, which means in heads up matches we were literally at the midpoint of the SEC East (we lost to UK, Uga and UF). Further there is no doubt in my mind that we could have beaten UK with anyone but JG at QB. Remember that 14 of their points were from him!

TBH, as I think this through I feel a bit better about our chances. UF had a terrible D last year. This year they gave up some points to both their "pre-season patsies". A lot of people think their D is great because they "held bammer to 31". But come on, who else has bammer played? Mercer? GMAFB! Miami? Okay, but probably one of the most overated P5 schools, on a downward trajectory and likely to just barely sneak into a bowl only because they are ACC. I think bammers offense is not the offense we saw last year, and maybe 31 is what an average SEC D gives up to them. Bammer didn't run the ball well? Does anyone think we depend on our running game for success? Didn't think so.

Here's an interesting fact, the gator defense is 61st in the country, just barely in the top half. If Hooker starts I say we have no trouble at all getting over 20 points, and might even do better.
Can you tell us more about this communicative property? Pssst......it's supposed to be transitive property. :D

This is getting old. It’s not crying. It’s just reality. Apparently something you and some others struggle with. UF has completely owned us in football since around 1990. Expecting a blow out loss is not crying. It’s using history and statistics as a predicative measure for the game.

You can clearly see what the UF fans think or our team. We are a footnote. A joke. An automatic win for them. You know, what we used to think about teams like UK, SC and Vandy.

There isn’t a Vol fan on this board that wouldn’t love anything more than to stomp a mud hole in UF. But
most of us know it’s not gonna happen.
This times a 💯! Some people can't deal with reality!

Its ALL about Jimmy's and Joe's. And we aint got em. Everyone knows their entire fanbaze are either jort wearing, mulleted, rednecks or Yankee transplants. Frontrunners of the ultimate kind.

f*** Flar duh! They don't need us to stroke their egos. They do it well enough all by their self...

Reactions: 67Vol
The only reason I'm concerned about Florida, has nothing to do with Florida, and everything to do with who our starting QB is.

We got tore up by Kenny Pickett, but in no way are any of Florida's QB currently better than him. I like the speed and swarm mentality we have on defense and think we fare well in stopping a run first team.

Overall, I think Florida is a good matchup for us, but if Milton isn't able to capitalize on key drives, we could easily lose momentum and give Florida life.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
The more UT fans that truly believe UT will beat UF, the more likely that becomes. Not so sure why that is so hard for people to grasp.
This is the dumbest thing that has ever been posted here. That includes anything you previously posted and anything that D4H said. Congrats. That's pretty special.

Reactions: CJBlaze
The more UT fans that truly believe UT will beat UF, the more likely that becomes. Not so sure why that is so hard for people to grasp.

My Gid dude. Please give your rationale behind this post. So if all the fans truly believe that we will beat UF, we will?

There will be a day we will see posts of them crying that they have to play us. You will never catch me saying that any team ecspecially a rival team is going to beat us by 55 . Im that same guy my friends are rolling their eyes hearing me say we’re winning the East this year lol. Bama hadn’t played anyone till Fl and our Defense i think is playing really well. FL leads the country in rushing. Slow that down we have a great chance of making it hard for them to move the ball setting up a upset. We don’t lack explosive plays , we just over throw or drop them. We hit that explosive plays, then we win this game. GBO!

I could buy this if it were a home game.

And to be fair, people may have felt a certain way with their head, but they showed up to Neyland and got loud until the play on the field didn't go well. So, the mentality of the fans ain't the issue.
I think he was being sarcastic

VN Store

Back