WDE:

1)Devon Kennard-I think longshot
2)Sam Montgomery-Him and Martin could be faster DE tandem
3)Ryne Giddins-has a ton of interest
4)Dyron Dye-on the light side, but good frame to add weight

SDE:

1)Craig Drummond-huge frame, could be molded to DT
2)William Ming-he's a ginger, but oh well
3)DeOnte Arnett-kind of slow for UT DE, but chances?
4)Duane Chisolm-good speed for his size

DT:

There's already another thread for them, so just list which ones we have the best shot at.

Thanks to ViA, head1, and LWSVol in advance.

I'll put this in the same thread.

I've read on other boards at if Rico has a good year he is gone because he doesn't like school. That means we will have 3 new starting LB's and be losing 4 meaningful contributers. That would leave us with:

1)Gerald Williams-if he gets in and isn't DE.
2)Chris Donald-can't learn playbook and might move back to DE from what I've read on other boards.
3)Austin Johnson-right now is FB but will be moved back to MLB
4)Savion Frazier-heard a lot of good things about this kid
5)Nick Reveiz-headhunter
6)Lamarcus Thompson-had a good spring from what I've read

6 guys won't cut it in the SEC, there are too many injuries that go around. How many of LB's will we need and what kind of chance do we have with these guys?

MLB:

1)Manti T'eo-I know he has ties to us
2)Nico Johnson-hard to pull him from Bama and Auburn
3)Tana Patrick-" " " " "
4)Jerod Askew-looks like he would end up at DE from his speed, unless he improved in that area
5)Chris Williams-Short but Ellix Wilson is shorter
6)Greg King-has some good schools on his interst list

OLB:

1)Jelani Jenkins-Size and speed are mirror image of Rico
2)Frankie Telfort-small but could grow, I'm sure it'll be hard to pull him out of Miami
3)Barkevious Mingo-coolest name in 09' class...and he's big
4)Jonathon Stewart-good size, looks like a UT DE though

So what are our chances with these guys?

Askew could play LB here, 4.6 is plenty fast, especially at his size, for a MLB. The Merrell twins would be good pick ups too.

dont forget about marlon walls sounds to me that he will get into school and he is 6'5 250 pounds im sure hell fit into are lb maybe in the middle or outside and maybe lathers

dont forget about marlon walls sounds to me that he will get into school and he is 6'5 250 pounds im sure hell fit into are lb maybe in the middle or outside and maybe lathers

If Walls has really got that big, he will be a DE

What are our chances with these DL?

WDE:

1)Devon Kennard-I think longshot
2)Sam Montgomery-Him and Martin could be faster DE tandem
3)Ryne Giddins-has a ton of interest
4)Dyron Dye-on the light side, but good frame to add weight

SDE:

1)Craig Drummond-huge frame, could be molded to DT
2)William Ming-he's a ginger, but oh well
3)DeOnte Arnett-kind of slow for UT DE, but chances?
4)Duane Chisolm-good speed for his size

DT:

There's already another thread for them, so just list which ones we have the best shot at.

Thanks to ViA, head1, and LWSVol in advance.

GV182, you beat me to the punch on this list. I was going to list a bunch of recruits that no one has really been mentioning and our chances. I will anyway. sorry to repeat some of the same names. thse are just players that still have us as medium interest, so that's why they're on the list.

Guys we keep hearing a lot about that we seem to be great to decent shape with:

Marlon Brown
Josh Nunes
David Oku
Rodney Smith
Jerod Askew
Morgan Moses
Peter White
Darren Myles
Stephon Gilmore
Chris Davenport
Eric Gordon
Stavion Lowe

Now the Others:

QB- Jordan Reed

RB- Ronnie Wingo, Gabriel Hunter (looks like it could be Oku or bust)

WR- Reuben Randle, Patrick Patterson, Jamal Patterson, Andre Dubose, Chad Bumphis, and Lamar Scruggs

TE- Orson Charles, Richard Wilson, and Logan Thomas

OL- Johnnie Farms, Quinton Washington, Chris Watt

LB- Manti Te'o, Chris Williams, Nico Johnson. Tana Patrick, Jelani Jenkins, Frankie Telfort, Barkevious Mingo, and Cory Ledford.

DE- Devon Kennard, Sam Montgomery, Ryne Giddens, Dyron Dye, Craig Drummond, William Ming, DeOnte Arnett, Duane Chisolm, and Jason Ankrah

DB- Dre Kirkpatrick, Branden Smith, Justin Green, Brandon Mcgee, Terry Shankle, Ray Ray Armstrong, and Cory Brown

Last but not least DT:

Corey Adams, Chris Bonds, DeMonte McAllister, Isaac Holmes, Darrington Sentimore, and Josh Boyd.

VIA, always look forward to here your input.

jelani jenkins looks like a beast of a linebacker in his videos. i've been curious to know how we stand with him, but i'm not even close to getting my hopes up on him.

I'll put this in the same thread.

I've read on other boards at if Rico has a good year he is gone because he doesn't like school. That means we will have 3 new starting LB's and be losing 4 meaningful contributers. That would leave us with:

1)Gerald Williams-if he gets in and isn't DE.
2)Chris Donald-can't learn playbook and might move back to DE from what I've read on other boards.
3)Austin Johnson-right now is FB but will be moved back to MLB
4)Savion Frazier-heard a lot of good things about this kid
5)Nick Reveiz-headhunter
6)Lamarcus Thompson-had a good spring from what I've read

6 guys won't cut it in the SEC, there are too many injuries that go around. How many of LB's will we need and what kind of chance do we have with these guys?

MLB:

1)Manti T'eo-I know he has ties to us
2)Nico Johnson-hard to pull him from Bama and Auburn
3)Tana Patrick-" " " " "
4)Jerod Askew-looks like he would end up at DE from his speed, unless he improved in that area
5)Chris Williams-Short but Ellix Wilson is shorter
6)Greg King-has some good schools on his interst list

OLB:

1)Jelani Jenkins-Size and speed are mirror image of Rico
2)Frankie Telfort-small but could grow, I'm sure it'll be hard to pull him out of Miami
3)Barkevious Mingo-coolest name in 09' class...and he's big
4)Jonathon Stewart-good size, looks like a UT DE though

So what are our chances with these guys?

How does Manti Te'o have ties to UT? I didn't realize that. It would be great landing the #1 ILB in the country. That would boost our recruiting status for 2009.

How does Manti Te'o have ties to UT? I didn't realize that. It would be great landing the #1 ILB in the country. That would boost our recruiting status for 2009.

He's cousins with Mapu and Mapu's dad has been saying a lot of good stuff about us. He hasn't had a chance to talk to Mapu yet, but I'm sure he will say nothing but good.

Man that's awesome! That would be a huge pickup. I watched his videos and the guy seems to have really good speed. He will lay the wood to you also.

VN Store

Back