OU WR Spencer Jones

That second slam by the friend was incredibly dangerous. He could have easily broken that guy’s neck on the wall.

If Oklahoma boy knew how to fight or protect himself in the least bit, he wouldn't have taken as bad of a beating.

I’m friends with a couple of guys that won State in high school. One of them I would never ever want cross. He’s the nicest guy in the world, but I’ve seen him snap and it looked a lot like that video.

I know a guy who lost at state to Cael Sanderson 3 years in a row. All 3 of his brothers were state champs but not him. We boxed 2 rounds and he didn't know what he was doing and I kinda do but cardio and overall toughness kicked in and he was swarming me by the end. They're just animals.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I know a guy who lost at state to Cael Sanderson 3 years in a row. All 3 of his brothers were state champs but not him. We boxed 2 rounds and he didn't know what he was doing and I kinda do but cardio and overall toughness kicked in and he was swarming me by the end. They're just animals.
They’re just a different breed and that goes beyond the mat. The whole lifestyle seems miserable.

They’re just a different breed and that goes beyond the mat. The whole lifestyle seems miserable.

Back to this, I'm a pretty good natural wrestler. I am tall and I know how to use my leverage and I surprise people. Wrestling against non-wrestlers, I've only ever lost to a smaller guy once and I've beat a lot of bigger guys. I had this whole fake tough-guy persona in college because I slammed BYU's safety at a party in front of a huge crowd (it was a friendly wrestling match). I wasn't about to tell anybody I wasn't that tough. It was awesome. So that kinda tells you my ability. To the point...when I wrestle a real wrestler, I'm totally helpless.

And the same thing goes for farm boy strength. I had a friend about my size and he grew up working and I was no match for him. Then you get these fkn wrestlers who grew up on a farm and they become Matt Hughes.

Back to this, I'm a pretty good natural wrestler. I am tall and I know how to use my leverage and I surprise people. Wrestling against non-wrestlers, I've only ever lost to a smaller guy once and I've beat a lot of bigger guys. I had this whole fake tough-guy persona in college because I slammed BYU's safety at a party in front of a huge crowd (it was a friendly wrestling match). I wasn't about to tell anybody I wasn't that tough. It was awesome. So that kinda tells you my ability. To the point...when I wrestle a real wrestler, I'm totally helpless.

And the same thing goes for farm boy strength. I had a friend about my size and he grew up working and I was no match for him. Then you get these fkn wrestlers who grew up on a farm and they become Matt Hughes.

Haha. That’s a pretty good story . I kind of have a similar one with a buddy of mine who played OLine in high school, even though he had no business playing Oline. He’d get so pissed because he was bigger and stronger, but I would beat his ass because he just didn’t understand any of the leverage. Then he went to BUD’s, fell out of BUDs and then went on to be an EOD guy attached to a SEAL Team. I decided my wrestling days were over after that.

Reactions: n_huffhines

I have a friend who isn’t a big guy, he weighs probably 175 pounds, doesn’t have big arms or anything but he’s got natural FREAKISH strength. He doesn’t workout or anything. I watched him body slam a guy that was 300+ pounds like it was nothing. Kinda weird how some have freakish strength for reason.

I saw a Tenn DT body slammed by a bouncer at the Underground in the Old City back in '94. I never will forget it. The bouncer was probably 6'1'' 200 lbs. If you saw the guy, you wouldn't think he was capable of that... it's best just not to start stuff in bars. You never know who is in front of you.

I saw a Tenn DT body slammed by a bouncer at the Underground in the Old City back in '94. I never will forget it. The bouncer was probably 6'1'' 200 lbs. If you saw the guy, you wouldn't think he was capable of that... it's best just not to start stuff in bars. You never know who is in front of you.
I’ll tell you this. My roommate was Shane Burton. 6 6 290 and when he got some liquor in his body a freight train couldn’t stop him. We used to hang in the old city with big Richard Howard and NOBODY wanted a piece of them 😂! Good memories! The only guys who weren’t afraid was the Rugby team!

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back