Ou basketball coach retires

Lon Kruger is retiring. Wonder if Ri........never mind
OU's program will probably go into the dumper again because of new coach new system. OU is like Tennessee in that they're usually stuck with retreads or up and comers.

he's been with so many teams if he was a woman he'd be called a whore

Kruger was a good coach not a great coach. Never won big but always competitive. I never recall him being involved in nasty recruiting/academic scandals either like Self, Cal, Williams, other guys considered big winners.

Reactions: Border Vol
One of my favorite what if’s that has always intrigued me is what if Lon Kruger doesn’t leave Illinois for the Hawks in 2000? What becomes of Bill Self? Does Doug Dickey realize the mistake that he made in ‘97 when he passed Self over and decides to hire him in 2001? Does Self end up in Ann Arbor that same off season? And what happens with the KU job after Roy left for UNC? Hard to believe that they would have hired Self, unless he had remarkable success in his year or two after leaving Tulsa.

Led UF to its first ever Final Four in 1994.

He’s on that short list of best coaches never to win a national title.
Grant Hill saved Duke’s ass that night. That was a helluva game with Andrew DeClerq and Da MeatHook. You guys had Duke on the ropes .

Reactions: ArdentVol
Grant Hill saved Duke’s ass that night. That was a helluva game with Andrew DeClerq and Da MeatHook. You guys had Duke on the ropes .

Yeah that was easily the worst of our five Final Four teams, but they never quit fighting.

I like to think we softened up Duke for Arkansas in the championship game.

Yeah that was easily the worst of our five Final Four teams, but they never quit fighting.

I like to think we softened up Duke for Arkansas in the championship game.
I like to think that Grant Hill falling on his tailbone literally one second into the game softened Duke up for Arkansas. That and Scotty Thurman’s prayer rainbow 3 over Antonio Lang’s finger. Duke had that game won. Grant Hill would’ve had 3 rings if Duke pulled that out..

VN Store

Back