Other than Freeze Poll

2022 HC (other than Freeze)

• Total voters
I say we hire Andy Griffin for HC, Barney for DC and Amos for OC.

Pee Wee Herman as head coach. Only we get him an orange bow tie and bicycle. The Vol Walk would be fun with him leading the way

Gilbert Gottfried as OC. If the players do not execute, they have to hear him talk.

Pauley Shore as DC. If he calls the wrong coverage, the players stuff him into the trash can.

We might not win a national Championship with this crew, but it might yield some great YouTube videos.

Reactions: VolNExile
How many wins did Freeze have head to head against Malzahn while he was head coach at Ole Miss?

However who said they wanted either solely because of their record vs the other?

I want Freeze because he has taken over 3 “down” programs and drastically changed each from year 1.

Then.....and only then, because he knows offense, because he has beaten some good teams, he has HC experience, ect.

Not sure too many folks would be a “heck no” on Gus. I like Freeze over him because of what I mentioned, and because he has continued to rise.......only having 1 bad season. Gus could be a solid hire.....but he never could replicate that first Auburn season......but still good.

JoAllen, after this many coaches, and this many years of one disaster followed by another? Sooner or later, you all need to come to the obvious conclusion that there is an individual or group of individuals that is/are the common denominator of this saga of ineptitude. How many coaches have we gone through? How many assistants have come and gone on to greener pastures? How many potential coaches have said no?

I have lived in this area for sixty years. When I got old enough to watch football, it was during the Dickey era. Then there was Battle, Majors, and Fulmer. That was 4 coaches in 48 years. And we have cycled through that many in the last 12. Before they think about paying a buyout and bring in another? Sooner or later, somebody needs to sit everyone down, and have a come to Jesus moment. You got one thing right. Tennessee is broken. But until they fix whatever has been screwed up for the past 12+ years? I don't care who the next coach is. It will still be the next chapter of a clown show, until the clowns are sent packing.
Is it us? Are we the common denominator?

At this point a lot of coaches would be better. If they return Pruitt, they are putting lipstick on a pig. We will be finished.

Reactions: Border Vol
If everything about Napier is true about him needing this and that or he won't come then I don't want him. Sounds too much like someone that doesn't believe in themselves unless the situation is perfect.

No. He just wants total control.
And that's smart.

I agree

I wish they did.

I really think Tennessee needs someone who has proven they can “fix” a program.......along with all the other things we want......winning, offense, beating good teams, ect.

I think that is why Tennessee is “still” in the same situation. They keep hiring (usually dollar tree hires) but nothing works. They have tried a “hot name” they tired offense, they tried defense........Tennessee is broken......they need a “fixer.”
It’s not that they’re cheap, I think that’s giving them too much credit. They went after Mullen, went after Gundy twice, neither of those were cheap hires. We’re just damn dumb in who we finally settle on. It’s like we panic and settle and usually it’s because we never approach the damn search correctly anyways. This is why I fully expect to settle on Steele as head coach.

Is it us? Are we the common denominator?

We? The fans? Only when we burn couches, or find another way to make headlines (which we should, in a perfect world, never have to do.)

No the common denominator would be people in more influential positions. Perhaps well meaning, but short sighted persons or groups of persons who have a direct hand in the affairs of the program. And use their "Love of the Vols" as the excuse. But in truth are undermining the program. And a good sized chunk have been around for several years.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back