OSU Finds Former Team Doctor Sexually Abused 177 Students

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
Ohio State has concluded that a team doctor sexually abused at least 177 men, including many varsity athletes, while working for the university in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s. The university also found that college officials knew about the actions for years and did not act to stop them.

In a report issued Friday, Ohio State said the doctor, Richard Strauss, who committed suicide in 2005, had groped students, required them to strip, and asked intimate questions about sexual practices under the guise of providing medical treatment.

The university said that college personnel knew about Dr. Strauss’s activities as early as 1979 but that no reports advanced out of the athletic department or the student health department until 1996. After his actions were finally reported, he was suspended and then removed from his post, but he remained a tenured faculty member. Dr. Strauss then opened an off-campus clinic and continued to abuse students. He was still a professor emeritus at the time of his death, though Ohio State said Friday that it would begin the process of revoking that status.

More in the article:

Ohio State Finds Team Doctor Sexually Abused 177 Students

How does someone sexually abuse adult male athletes for decades?
Uh... unnecessary physical examinations??? This isnt difficult to grasp... besides, most universities handle their own 'investigations' into sexual assault or harassement charges. Almost nothing ever happens. Theres a reason so many women and men are coming forward these past few years. Theyve figured out that this has been happening not just to them but to multiple victims and in many different places with NOTHING being done.

Fact of the matter is, as we've seen with PSU and countless universities (our included), these allegations get swept under the rug and the offenses rarely get reported to the police. The system is totally stacked against you in the case of sexual assault/harassment and has been that way for decades.

Does this explain why schitno left to take a job that he would never actually work at?

I'm sorry this is a serious matter and I shouldn't have made that joke. Please forgive me y'all 😭😭

Uh... unnecessary physical examinations??? This isnt difficult to grasp... besides, most universities handle their own 'investigations' into sexual assault or harassement charges. Almost nothing ever happens. Theres a reason so many women and men are coming forward these past few years. Theyve figured out that this has been happening not just to them but to multiple victims and in many different places with NOTHING being done.

Fact of the matter is, as we've seen with PSU and countless universities (our included), these allegations get swept under the rug and the offenses rarely get reported to the police. The system is totally stacked against you in the case of sexual assault/harassment and has been that way for decades.

I don’t know, it’s hard for me to imagine male college athletes letting a middle aged man sexually abuse them. Times have changed I guess.

I don’t know, it’s hard for me to imagine male college athletes letting a middle aged man sexually abuse them. Times have changed I guess.
Perhaps this is when (many) men might understand how (many) women keep silence when this happens. You just don’t know what to say or do, while buried in horror and undeserved shame, despite how outrageous it was.

Maybe keep this in mind the next time you read something similar published by a woman.

Perhaps this is when (many) men might understand how (many) women keep silence when this happens. You just don’t know what to say or do, while buried in horror and undeserved shame, despite how outrageous it was.

Maybe keep this in mind the next time you read something similar published by a woman.

Women are not always physically capable of putting the abuser on his azz and defending themselves. I would expect an adult male especially an athlete to fight. And yes I do have double standards.

VN Store

Back