Orgeron gone at season’s end

They must have an agreement with someone already to do this. FOX sports saying they wanted Mel Tucker, but M st. was trying to keep him. Usually a coach is given an opportunity to prove himself in a big game before a major hire.

They can a lot better than Mel Tucker. They must have a big name If they’re willing to eat 7m to get him out the door

They’ll bring back Dave Aranda from Baylor. He’s done a good job there and he was a huge part of LSUs title win.

What if he somehow beats Bama though

That probably won't happen and the administration has been active mode to have LSU lose since UCLA. I said something 4-5 weeks ago. How about going to work and to a school that actively wants the team to lose?

Woodward (and the rest of the administration) don't want wins, they want convincing loses to justify what they have already been doing actively.

That probably won't happen and the administration has been active mode to have LSU lose since UCLA. I said something 4-5 weeks ago. How about going to work and to a school that actively wants the team to lose?

Woodward (and the rest of the administration) don't want wins, they want convincing loses to justify what they have already been doing actively.
I wonder if the off the field allegations played a part?

LSU has become a very "woke" school, nothing about Ed is appealing to them. The decision was basically made before the season, the UCLA loss opened the door.

Last edited:
LSU has become a very "woke" school, nothing about Ed is appealing to them. The decision was basically made before the season, the UCLA loss opened the door.
If he did not do what they are saying then it’s an absolutely terrible decision. I don’t know the guy but what I do know is that he is fun listening to.

LSU has become a very "woke" school, nothing about Ed is appealing to them. The decision was basically made before the season, the UCLA lose opened the door.

Coach O and LSU struck lightning in a bottle with Burrow and that group. He’s never been a good head coach, he’ll land a job coaching the DL or as a DC.

Comments from O today where he said that the Kentucky was the final nail in the coffin.

Whereas Kentucky was a coaching graveyard, now we bury opposing coaches in it. Go Big Blue.

. I agree. Has Coach O really done that bad at LSU? I mean he does consistently beat Mullen and Florida and just won a natty two short years ago. Hell we kept Phil around a decade after he won the Natty and let him produce two losing seasons and get embarrassed frequently at Neyland by our rivals.
Tennessee took a step back after winning the 1998 National Championship. I think that had a lot to do with losing Cutcliffe. However, this post stretches the truth, in order to make the immediate aftermath of '98 sound worse than it really was for Tennessee.

Fulmer's first losing season was in 2005. That was his 7th season after winning the National Championship.

Tennessee got an invite to the Orange Bowl a year after winning the National Championship. Sure, they lost badly to Nebraska again... but still, they were there. LSU went 5-5 last season.

Tennessee was not "embarrassed frequently at Neyland by our rivals" until Fulmer's last season in 2008. Between 1999-2007, Tennessee lost badly at home to Florida once (2002) and Georgia twice (2003 and 2005). However, Tennessee also beat both of those teams twice on the road during those years (Florida in 2001 and 2003 and Georgia in 2004 and 2006). When Tennessee beat Georgia on the road in 2004, they were ranked in the top 5. Tennessee beat Georgia 51-33 in 2006. Tennessee blocked a punt for a TD in that game, and the play made the cover of Sports Illustrated. Tennessee's only losses to Alabama in those years were at Bryant-Denny in 2005 and 2007. Fulmer won 7 of his last 10 games with Alabama and they were all post '98.

Tennessee made the SEC Championship Game 3 times from 1999-2007 (2001, 2004 and 2007), and had three 10 win seasons (2001, 2004 and 2007). Tennessee also had an out of conference road victory over a top 5 opponent, when they beat Miami in the Orange Bowl in 2003.

I'm not saying Fulmer didn't deserve to be fired in 2008, and I'm not saying that the Tennessee program didn't start to slide after 1998. I am saying that you tried to make that slide sound faster than it really was, just so you could come to the defense of Ed Orgeron .... on a Tennessee fan site? That is ridiculous. Take this crap to Tiger Droppings if it's what you want to believe.

Last edited:
Brohm has UT ties, and I'm very surprised his name hasn't come up on UT staffs before. But, word is they want Tucker, and have for a few coaching searches, this isn't new. I'd be willing to bet it's Tucker... who is a VERY GOOD COACH.
John Currie talked to him briefly in 2017, after the Greg Schiano fiasco went down. You don't remember Jimmy Hyams making a fool of himself?

"Source : Tennessee is closing in a deal with Purdue coach Jeff Brohm. UT interviewed Chad Morris of SMU last night but apparently UT favors Brohm."

- Jimmy Hyams, November 29, 2017

In reality, they never were close to a deal.

16.9 mil buyout over the next four years? Someone needs to look at these coaching contracts. That's a ridiculous reward for making like zero effort.

VN Store

Back