Orgeron gone at season’s end

They must have an agreement with someone already to do this. FOX sports saying they wanted Mel Tucker, but M st. was trying to keep him. Usually a coach is given an opportunity to prove himself in a big game before a major hire.

I will laugh my ass off if they go from Coach O to Mel Tucker.....

Seems like bad timing to announce it the day after beating a big rival…guess this way they can actively pursue a replacement?

Also, in thinking about this tweet... it's really not that unprecedented. Gene Chizik only coached two more seasons at Auburn following their 2010 National Championship, before being fired. Both Auburn in 2010 and LSU in 2019 had Heisman Trophy winning transfer QB's, who made their coaching staff look better than it really was.

Also, in thinking about this tweet... it's really not that unprecedented. Gene Chizik only coached two more seasons at Auburn following their 2010 National Championship, before being fired. Both Auburn in 2010 and LSU in 2019 had Heisman Trophy winning transfer QB's, who made their coaching staff look better than it really was.

Gene Chizik was a horrible coach...... Coach O and Chizik are nothing alike.

Gene Chizik was a horrible coach...... Coach O and Chizik are nothing alike.

Yeah. As much as I hate to say it, Coach O is a decent coach. Maybe not a P5 HC, but he is a good DL coach. Chances are that is right back where he will end up.

Chizik would get outcoached in Pee Wee football. How he got the Auburn job in the first place is beyond me.

Reactions: House of Neyland
Not really. Coach O is still beating ranked teams. Post Cam, Chizik was getting blown out by everyone.
Okay, some people will argue anything.

Last 4 seasons of both tenures

(Chizik only coached 4 at Auburn, but I'm talking about the trajectory of their programs at the time they were fired, not the full tenure.)

Gene Chizik - Auburn

2009 : 8-5
2010 : 15-0
2011 : 8-5
2012 : 3-9

Ed Orgeron - LSU

2018 : 10-3
2019 : 15-0
2020 : 5-5
2021 : 4-3

Yes, those are similar trajectories.

Okay, some people will argue anything.

Last 4 seasons of both tenures

(Chizik only coached 4 at Auburn, but I'm talking about the trajectory of their programs at the time they were fired, not the full tenure.)

Gene Chizik - Auburn

2009 : 8-5
2010 : 15-0
2011 : 8-5
2012 : 3-9

Ed Orgeron - LSU

2018 : 10-3
2019 : 15-0
2020 : 5-5
2021 : 4-3

Yes, those are similar trajectories.

Except LSU isn’t on verge of having one of the worst seasons in school history this year…… also O is like 13-5 vs ranked teams. What is Chizik’s record? Don’t have to go far to comprehend that Chizik and Coach O aren’t similar.

Brohm has UT ties, and I'm very surprised his name hasn't come up on UT staffs before. But, word is they want Tucker, and have for a few coaching searches, this isn't new. I'd be willing to bet it's Tucker... who is a VERY GOOD COACH.

Except LSU isn’t on verge of having one of the worst seasons in school history this year…… also O is like 13-5 vs ranked teams. What is Chizik’s record? Don’t have to go far to comprehend that Chizik and Coach O aren’t similar.
I didn't say they were, but the trajectories of their respective programs at the time they were fired is similar. They both lost 5 games the year after a 15-0 National Championship. LSU will probably finish 6-6. That's not Curly Hallman bad... but it is Gerry DiNardo bad. They have much better talent than that.

In reality, they're going after Hugh Freeze and will get him.
Probably. Some one will hire him soon enough. Hopefully he falls on his face so we can stop hearing his name.
I would love to see that pompous bunch revert to Archer / Hallman days.

VN Store

Back