Oregon vs. Auburn

Presentation was easy.... cut here... paste there... type of thing. I prefer posting/quoting others that know more than I know, it avoids the "yea I know more than you do kind of stuff"

I appreciate the humility. It's a virtuous trait.

little too much slack in that strap.... if ya know what I mean.. of course the video is totally the spirit of the Duck. Everything from pushups for every point the offense scored every time they scored (and that was during Chips era)..LOL

The Duck has always been feisty. Going back to the fight with the Houston Coug mascot.

I doubt it. I'm not a season ticket holder and those guys get first look. But I don't think given the distance that Oregon will sell all of it's allotment

Reactions: NM4VOLS
little too much slack in that strap.... if ya know what I mean.. of course the video is totally the spirit of the Duck. Everything from pushups for every point the offense scored every time they scored (and that was during Chips era)..LOL

The Duck has always been feisty. Going back to the fight with the Houston Coug mascot.

Auburn should handle this game pretty easily.

If money comes in on Auburn and it moves from -3 to them being favored by more, Oregon is the play all day. New QB for Auburn in a huge environment... all the money will be on the Tigers. Huge easy win for Vegas

Are you sure that's true? I would agree that Auburn has a great defensive line. I'd like to see your comparison of the Ducks of 9 years ago with the 2019 version.

2010 team was far better. More physical and faster. Still not enough to beat the top 5 teams in SEC at the time.

2010 team was far better. More physical and faster. Still not enough to beat the top 5 teams in SEC at the time.

Oregon only had two 300 pounders on the offensive line in 2010. They were fast and physical, they needed that in the Chip Kelly offense. This year it appears that only one player (297#) is below 300#. And I'd take this group as certainly more physical than that very aggressive 2010 line. So no I don't agree with you. The conditioning program at Oregon today is greatly improved over that of 2010.

Also, you might remember it was a bit of a fluke play that set up Auburn for the game winning field goal as time ran out. Hardly a dominate performance by Auburn. It was a very even game. Fairley on defense for Auburn was a beast!! He had a huge impact on that game. Credit Auburn with the win, they won and well done Auburn.

As for you're comment about how Oregon would have done against any of the top 5 SEC teams that year, I consider that a bit inflammatory and don't need to respond to that statement.

The 2019 Oregon team and the 2010 Oregon team have little in common, other than the uniforms (joke). Auburn will be starting a freshman QB this year, not Cam Newton… So Auburn will be quite different as well. All this said, I think it's going to be a heck of a game.

Oregon only had two 300 pounders on the offensive line in 2010. They were fast and physical, they needed that in the Chip Kelly offense. This year it appears that only one player (297#) is below 300#. And I'd take this group as certainly more physical than that very aggressive 2010 line. So no I don't agree with you. The conditioning program at Oregon today is greatly improved over that of 2010.

Also, you might remember it was a bit of a fluke play that set up Auburn for the game winning field goal as time ran out. Hardly a dominate performance by Auburn. It was a very even game. Fairley on defense for Auburn was a beast!! He had a huge impact on that game. Credit Auburn with the win, they won and well done Auburn.

As for you're comment about how Oregon would have done against any of the top 5 SEC teams that year, I consider that a bit inflammatory and don't need to respond to that statement.

The 2019 Oregon team and the 2010 Oregon team have little in common, other than the uniforms (joke). Auburn will be starting a freshman QB this year, not Cam Newton… So Auburn will be quite different as well. All this said, I think it's going to be a heck of a game.

Yeah heck of a game for Auburn.

Too much defensive speed.

Reactions: Remy
I pretty much always pull for them.

Their fans were classy when they came to visit, and I heard they treated ours well.

That plus the Florida trolling (duck pulling truck), there is a soft spot for them.
I like Oregon quite a bit too. The problem is that I'm a fan of Chris Peterson, and their big rival is Washington. Makes it interesting for me that one weekend.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Nike unloads dump trucks full of cash on the Oregon program and they still can't pull a NC trophy in football. They haven't been able to put the right combination of tough Pacific Northwest kid on the field with fast Cali kids at the same time when they have a decent coaching staff. It has not happened previously I don't expect it to occur in my lifetime.

I like Oregon quite a bit too. The problem is that I'm a fan of Chris Peterson, and their big rival is Washington. Makes it interesting for me that one weekend.

LOL That is a very serious conflict.... If Peterson was anywhere but taildragger country I'd be a fan of his. He's a heck of a good coach.

Had lunch in the atrium area surrounded by the football offices today. Players walking around, uniforms on (I think it's photo day), visited the Duck Hall of Fame. All this with my visiting family from So Cal. Very nice day

LOL That is a very serious conflict.... If Peterson was anywhere but taildragger country I'd be a fan of his. He's a heck of a good coach.

Had lunch in the atrium area surrounded by the football offices today. Players walking around, uniforms on (I think it's photo day), visited the Duck Hall of Fame. All this with my visiting family from So Cal. Very nice day
Sounds like you had quite a day without family!

Reactions: GoDucks349
Auburn pretty much handed Tennessee a win on a silver platter. Coaching? Auburn is a fickle program... You never know if they are really good or really lucky.
As for OP's comment about this message board, we may (at this particular point in time) suck at football, but Freak runs a great board here. Can't appreciate it until you do like OP and try and check out other boards. We are #1 in something.
Agree. Always enjoy the time I spend here. Even tho I hate TN (because of what they did to UGA in the 90's), I like this board and the posters here. Thanks

Reactions: ptcarter

VN Store

Back