Orange & White Game?

Wrangler95

Just purchased a Tennessee Vol football and case,during the spring game do they have a time for players to sign autographs??

i don't think they're doing the fan day at the spring game anymore. last year they moved it to the first weekend of fall camp i think. haven't seen anything announced either way yet.

Sorry to be a nieve Englander but Instead of a glorified practice why not play a match against a "cup cake" team like Georgia State.

You could play some 1st team players for a while but also what a great opportunity to look at Shrout, Kennedy or even JJ Petersen. I know people might get injured but that happens in the off season anyway. Its just I find that the close season is sooooo long.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Sorry to be a nieve Englander but Instead of a glorified practice why not play a match against a "cup cake" team like Georgia State.

You could play some 1st team players for a while but also what a great opportunity to look at Shrout, Kennedy or even JJ Petersen. I know people might get injured but that happens in the off season anyway. Its just I find that the close season is sooooo long.
this is one of those things in college football that just falls in the category of "we've always done it this way".

plus, you're already playing cup cakes like that in "games that count" during the regular season. and college coaches are so paranoid, i doubt they want to risk injury, and they certainly don't want to scheme against a scrimmage opponent that wouldl then have intel on personnel and schematic packages. sounds crazy, but that would be a major concern from more than a couple coaches. lol.

and last, and probably most importantly..........how do you make money doing it? you'd almost certainly have to pay the cupcake to come up and do the scrimmage. do you televise it? charge admission? if so, isn't then just like a regular game that counts?

anyway, don't see it happening any time soon, plus the o/w game is a great family event. game is free, and you get to do pretty much all the game day "stuff". my family and i went last year and we had a better time on the whole for the o/w game weekend than we did for home coming the previous year.

looking forward to coming this year as well!!

VN Store

Back