Orange White game postponed per Philip Fulmer

I'm just gonna keep posting this link.

People don't have an intuition for exponential growth. Imagine a case where the number of cases doubles every day. Which is worse than this virus obviously but simpler to understand. The day everyone has the virus... Half the country didn't have it the day before. Not withstanding for the logistic effect described in the video.

That's how it goes from "This is not an issue" to "Woah, everyone is sick" with no build up.

Also.. As others have said, it is about spreading the virus as slowly as possible so the hospitals can treat people. If it spreads too fast, the Healthcare system could grind to a halt for all health conditions, not just this virus.

Why is it difficult to understand that the "doubling every day" has far more to do with the numbers being tested daily at this point than the numbers being infected at this point?

It isnt difficult but as a scare tactic it is much more effective. My guess is that there are many thousands in America already infected and will be tested in the next week or so. This doesnt indicate the virus is expanding at the rate of discovery but simply that testing has lagged behind the spread rate.

With the current containment measures being put i to place, the pace of decrease of the infection rate is going to dramatically drop once enough testing is available. However that isnt scary enough for the 24hour news channels.

So keep posting your link and help fan the flames of panic everywhere you go. Some in the government wil be very thankful for your misguided efforts.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back