Orange Bowl Opt Outs?

He is a troll
I get regular reminders of why people on other sites make fun of this forum (homers) and why i rarely post. What in the hell did i say that is troll content? For stating the obvious? I have no idea who or if people will opt out, but if they do it will say something about bowls in general

Reactions: Noni and Smokey19rt
Tillman and Hyatt would be my guess.

Neither has much to prove at this point and Tillman still doesn't look quite 100 percent to me.
Tillman has something to prove--that he can still perform at an elite level after his injury. If he will not require add'l surgery, another 4 weeks of recovery and practice should give him enough time to recover his form and significantly improve his draft status. If healthy, he should play. Hyatt should play enough to get the receiving record and then sit out. I don't have any problem with that--he's earned it.

My immediate thought is Tillman might given his injury issues this season.

That said, all these guys on the roster have never been to a marquee bowl game and for the ones leaving, this is their last chance. So I wouldn't be shocked if either Hyatt and / or Tillman decide to play. If this were the Music City Bowl, it would be different, but the Orange Bowl is a big honor.

I get regular reminders of why people on other sites make fun of this forum (homers) and why i rarely post. What in the hell did i say that is troll content? For stating the obvious? I have no idea who or if people will opt out, but if they do it will say something about bowls in general

Uh, I believe he was referring to the guy you quoted, not you.

Tillman has something to prove--that he can still perform at an elite level after his injury. If he will not require add'l surgery, another 4 weeks of recovery and practice should give him enough time to recover his form and significantly improve his draft status. If healthy, he should play. Hyatt should play enough to get the receiving record and then sit out. I don't have any problem with that--he's earned it.

I can see it going either way really.

But running the risk of either

A) getting hurt

B) putting up a clunker game because Milton can't get the ball in their zip code for NFL teams to watch

C) getting shut down by some good defensive players for Clemson

Are all reasons I could see them sitting.

Really hope they play and this team is as close to full strength as possible though.

Given that this group has never had a stage like this in a bowl game I would think it would be an honor to play.

Most people aren't potential high round draft picks that could stand to lose millions in an NFL contract either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sarms58

Not you. The guy who joined two weeks ago..."Hopeful Vol". He just pot stirring

Just what I’ve heard I’m really hoping Bru and Hyatt and Fant play. I can understand Tillman not playing

Bru is coming back. Fant probably should play to help his draft status. I think an NFL team is going to love having him. Tillman for injury reasons/draft status and Hyatt should probably opt out.

Kind of off topic, but a lot of shade is thrown Peyton’s way (and those who support his efforts) on this board. We should appreciate the fact that Peyton, Al, Heath, Dobbs, etc never opted out of anything, and had right to. I don’t blame any for opting out, it’s their future, but the days of the players playing for team are quickly fading…..reference the hot transfer portal and the inclination to follow the NIL instead of heart and desire. Not knocking it…..I’d probably do it myself….but the dollar rules the day. We should applaud those that don’t skip, as well as the ones that didn’t in the past.

PS: I know Heath left early, but he didn’t skip his bowl…….even though they played like crap against PSU.
Agree.......but nobody opted out back then.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back