Orange and Black checkered stadium?!?!

Maybe for a Halloween game, but a black and orange checkerboard stadium flirts too much with Okie State colors.....
Perhaps a smokey gray and orange checkered stadium when they bring the Smokey Grey's back or if they bring them back? I think either would be a great look.... Just my two cents worth

NO!!!!!!!

The original orange and white checkered Neyland, now and forever is a unique, iconic, and classic Vols look. DO NOT MESS WITH IT by using alternate colors. JUST DON"T! Our checkered endzone is the envy of many a college, some who have instituted it into their fields. But the Vols' is an original and a classic. No other copy can match it's instant recognition, because the pattern and colors are made for each other. Same thing with the checkered stadium, leave perfection alone!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps a smokey gray and orange checkered stadium when they bring the Smokey Grey's back or if they bring them back? I think either would be a great look.... Just my two cents worth
they sold them. the black uni's were a Fulmer initiative, app he didnt like Smokey Gray. Word is theyre going to phase the black out (assuming contractually at a tune of $2,000,000 this is based on Fulmer contracts), and have Nike render their own SG.

Yep, and smokey gray and orange checkered endzones. Woo!

Reactions: BigO95
NO!!!!!!!

The original orange and white checkered Neyland, now and forever is a unique, iconic, and classic Vols look. DO NOT MESS WITH IT by using alternate colors. JUST DON"T! Our checkered endzone is the envy of many a college, some who have instituted it into their fields. But the Vols' is an original and a classic. No other copy can match it's instant recognition, because the pattern and colors are made for each other. Same thing with the checkered stadium, leave perfection alone!!!!!!!!!!!
Orange and white is no doubt awesome!!!šŸ˜

they sold them. the black uni's were a Fulmer initiative, app he didnt like Smokey Gray. Word is theyre going to phase the black out (assuming contractually at a tune of $2,000,000 this is based on Fulmer contracts), and have Nike render their own SG.
Gotcha, I kinda like both uniform colors as a novelty and it sure doesn't hurt with the recruits.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I just want the Vols to open a can of whip azz on the sorry cockmeisters. I am cool with checkers BTW.

NO!!!!!!!

The original orange and white checkered Neyland, now and forever is a unique, iconic, and classic Vols look. DO NOT MESS WITH IT by using alternate colors. JUST DON"T! Our checkered endzone is the envy of many a college, some who have instituted it into their fields. But the Vols' is an original and a classic. No other copy can match it's instant recognition, because the pattern and colors are made for each other. Same thing with the checkered stadium, leave perfection alone!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

This.

And especially when playing a team whose colors include black.

Orange shirts no problem but for one day we may have to dig deep into our closets for our black Metallica, Def Leppard, Pink Floyd, and KISS t- shirts.

NO!!!!!!!

Wish they would check the ENTIRE end zone without showing any green grass. Would look SO much better, JMO.

If we do this, then go all out in promoting it and executing it.
Should even make the end zones grey and orange.

VN Store

Back