SCAR-W
Ole Miss-W
@ Alabama-L
@ Kentucky-W
Georgia-L
S. Alabama-W
Vandy-W

9-3 GBO!
You can feel free to go back through any of the prediction threads if you wish.
??? Who says 9-3? Why can’t it be 10-2? No one is giving us a chance against Florida?? I say we can beat them this time.

Reactions: feathersax
Just going on our last three coaching hires it’s a good betting chance that we will be looking for another coach in 2024 or 2025 nothing against Heupel I hope he succeeds here but the odds are against him.

Jesus...unrustle your jimmies champ.

I was referring his time on here because he made the erroneous statement that every post of mine was "negative".

Well, I have been on here off and on for longer than 10 years. I will say I will have to agree with the 14 month member. You ARE NEGATIVE the vast majority of the time. Everybody can be. But, you take it to the next level and then some on a regular basis. People like you are why I don't get on here much at all or interact much at all anymore, not that you or anyone cares. LOL

SDS is fanfiction for sports pretending to be journalism.

I don't know about that. There was a bunch of that ringing very true when you examine the timeline of events since the hiring of Mike Hamilton.

Please. In Heupel's time at UCF, his name never came up on a list of possible candidates for any P5 job openings. He was never mentioned for the job at UT until Danny White was hired.

There's no need to try to craft some faux reality about how, and why he was hired. He's here now, and he and Danny White both will rise or fall based on the job he does as HC.
He is here now simply because no one else wanted the job and he was the best of options left.

Not a faux reality.

It's not even hyperbole really. It's June, and we've already got posters attempting to weave a coaching mythology around Heupel, before he's coached a down; just like the last three hires.

There's really nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that the only reason Heupel is at UT is because Danny White was hired as the AD; he'll still live or die by what he does on the field and the recruiting trail.
There's really nothing wrong with fans hoping the new coach is a success. It's not that it's weird you disagree, It's weird how it seems to just crawl up your spine and bother you so bad that you use Jesus' name in vain and make up stuff so it seems to be something it's really not. Then you argue and seem to know more about others own opinions better than they know themselves. You do? Maybe. Maybe I know you better than you know yourself. Lol.

BV is right about y'all and I'm right about him.

Boom! I feel we've made progress today.

JFC...That's just the last one that I laughed at.

You can feel free to go back through any of the prediction threads if you wish.
so again, show me a post that says we need to build a statue of CJH or that we need to deify him?

someone saying we could go 9-3 isn't it

There's really nothing wrong with fans hoping the new coach is a success. It's not that it's weird you disagree, It's weird how it seems to just crawl up your spine and bother you so bad that you use Jesus' name in vain and make up stuff so it seems to be something it's really not. Then you argue and seem to know more about others own opinions better than they know themselves. You do? Maybe. Maybe I know you better than you know yourself. Lol.

LOL, I've got a childhood friend very similar. Short, squatty, balding, never been married, no kids. Has a college degree but works as a desk clerk. Smarter than everybody, knows what's best for everyone. Would argue with the Pope that Martin Luther wasn't Protestant.

Danny White arrived in town with a strong track record and zero connection to Tennessee, and went out and hired a head coach with a track record of scoring points – and zero connection to Tennessee.

That's a fairly inaccurate characterization of the scenario, and it borders on being openly disingenuous.

All of the other coaches we reportedly contacted (Elliot, Franklin, Campbell, Dykes) had no ties to TN either. So while it may not have been something Heupel was actively trying to stay away from, it's clear he didn't let previous UT connections have any influence in his coaching search, like some past coaching searches saw.

And I didn't pick up any implication from the writer that this was a major contributing factor to the decision. He's just pointing out how important he felt it was to get outside of the TN bubble.

Last edited:
Because the writer is characterizing White's hiring of Heupel, as one that centered on him having no connection to Tennessee, when we all know that was not the reasoning behind (re)hiring Heupel.

I didn't read it that way at all. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

Someone posted an article, I read it, thought it was a puff piece that went out of it's way to mischaracterize how Heupel ended up here, and commented on it. Why reality is considered "negative" to some of you is beyond me.

As to the rest of that whargharble, my reference to "Jesus" had nothing to do with the article, and was a comical response to someone not employing any reading comprehension.

Jesus told me to tell you to unrustle your jimmies as well, because the son of man knows a joke when he reads it.

I didn't read it that way at all. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

Did you read the article? Is Heupel coaching at UT because he, like Danny White, as an "outsider", as the article called them both, or because White had already hired him once, and knew that he'd take a $2.3 million/year raise and a chance to coaching a P5 conference?

Last edited:
Reactions: volmanjr
Someone posted an article, I read it, thought it was a puff piece that went out of it's way to mischaracterize how Heupel ended up here, and commented on it. Why reality is considered "negative" to some of you is beyond me.

As to the rest of that whargharble, my reference to "Jesus" had nothing to do with the article, and was a comical response to someone not employing any reading comprehension.

Jesus told me to tell you to unrustle your jimmies as well, because the son of man knows a joke when he reads it.
I couldn't careless about you being negative, it's been obvious to me for 5 years that is your reality and I'm fine with it.

I used to use "JFC" and it never was comical. He doesn't think it's a joke and it's obvious your Jimmies are the ones rustled here. As always.

But carry on BV, I just stopped by to see if I could do what I've done. Lol.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
so again, show me a post that says we need to build a statue of CJH or that we need to deify him?

someone saying we could go 9-3 isn't it

Because unless someone actually said "build a statue of him", then it can't be coach worship right?

Already predicting that he'll be a top SEC coach before he's even coached a game, or that UT will go 9-3 in his opening season, that's just "optimism", and any thought to the contrary, is just being "negative".

Ok, which P5 vacancies was Heupel even mentioned for outside of UT after we hired Danny White?

He wasn't. You said his name "never came up on a list of possible candidates for any P5 job openings." You must know this with certainty to make such a definitive statement. I assume you are correct.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I couldn't careless about you being negative, it's been obvious to me for 5 years that is your reality and I'm fine with it.

I used to use "JFC" and it never was comical. He doesn't think it's a joke and it's obvious your Jimmies are the ones rustled here. As always.

But carry on BV, I just stopped by to see if I could do what I've done. Lol.

I'd love to read a Southern Baptist translation of the bible, you guys should make that happen.

He wasn't. You said his name "never came up on a list of possible candidates for any P5 job openings." You must know this with certainty to make such a definitive statement. I assume you are correct.

So name a P5 vacancy where Heupel was mentioned as a candidate; should be easy if I'm so wrong.

VN Store

Back