Optimism from SDS

Best quote: "Want to know why Tennessee football — once at the top of the college football world in the late 1990s and loud and proud as it had ever been – is no longer relevant? Because of bad hires, both coaching and administrating."

Well, that was obvious, and the conclusion of the article will be determined in the near future. Here is to success!

mi_22771.jpg

I for one am glad we went outside the "Tennessee/SEC" family to make both hires (Admin & HC). We badly needed some new blood in here. I have been a proponent of hiring a head coach with HC experience and an offensive mind set. I got my wish so far now let's see how it plays out.
Actually, I did not totally get what I wanted, as I actually wanted TN to hire Malzahn. He has both a good track record and SEC HC experience and an offensive mind set. Only time will tell if we hired a winner or not.

Danny White arrived in town with a strong track record and zero connection to Tennessee, and went out and hired a head coach with a track record of scoring points – and zero connection to Tennessee.

That's a fairly inaccurate characterization of the scenario, and it borders on being openly disingenuous.

We got it right this time; just like last time and the time before. This is due to who actually wanted to come here and coach. The administration had screwed it up so bad, nobody wanted the job!

Reactions: VolBricks
Danny White arrived in town with a strong track record and zero connection to Tennessee, and went out and hired a head coach with a track record of scoring points – and zero connection to Tennessee.

That's a fairly inaccurate characterization of the scenario, and it borders on being openly disingenuous.
Not saying you're wrong, but what is so inaccurate there? Danny White nor Josh Heupel had any connections to UT prior to getting hired did they?

Where is the inaccuracy?

SDS gotta get clicks to survive.

Today I purchased an Athlon's SEC edition.
New Coach is rated one spot above the HORNBLOWER in their new hire ratings.
We are moving on up.

SDS gotta get clicks to survive.

Today I purchased an Athlon's SEC edition.
New Coach is rated one spot above the HORNBLOWER in their new hire ratings.
We are moving on up.

At least we won't have to see pictures of the hornblower with his horn...LOL

Reactions: tnutater

Agree with you there. He portrayed It as if White had to go lure Heupel away from a program he himself was not connected to

VN Store

Back