Opposing coach puts Jeremy Pruitt's Tennessee rebuild into perspective: 'It's going to take five years to get it done'

I'm okay with 5 years under Pruitt who is a well respected coach and obvious top level recruiter.

Butch saying 5-7 years to build a program was him buying time and trying to overplay the Dooley effect on the program.

Pruitt has shown that he can adjust if things need adjusting aka the job isn't getting done.

Still good with 5 years?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...g-coach-lindys-2019-college-football-preview/

Here are the anonymous comments regarding Tennessee from the latest 2019 Lindy’s Sports Southeastern Conference football preview magazine:

On the future of the program:
“Tennessee needs a talent upgrade. … It’s going to take five years to get it done. I think Jeremy Pruitt will get it done because he’s a good enough coach and recruiter to get it done. But it will take that long. The reason is, there’s other people in the league already getting it done. And they have no margin for error because they play Alabama, Georgia and Florida every year.”​

On last season’s finish:
“The question is, why did they finish so poorly last year? They played like crap down the stretch against Missouri and Vanderbilt. They’ve lost three in a row to Vanderbilt —​
On the hire of Jim Chaney:

“Jeremy lucked out getting rid of Tyson Helton and hiring Jim Chaney. I think he’s the best, most proven offensive coordinator in the league. I think Jim is outstanding. If Jeremy will leave him alone, Jim will be fine.”​

Who does this sound like? I say Stoops
2017 recruiting stats Tennessee 17th; BYU 66th

VN Store

Back