Opponents rising to the occasion

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
South Carolina, Georgia and Auburn all have had their best performances of the year against us and have then proceded to play like crap in the weeks to follow.
The jury is out on what Alabama does the rest of the way, but I doubt it will be all that good. It's like we make teams think they are good and then they get a reality check.

Is it a coincidence that we seem to have this affect on teams?

I don't think it's a coincidence at all - UT is just one of those teams that despite what it currently going on with it's program, has a constant big orange target on it's jersey. We get EVERYBODY's 'A' game. It's a symptom of all the success we've had over the last decade and I would infinitely prefer the 'targeted' label as opposed to being a team that everyone overlooks, ala Vandy, UK, USC....
When you kick everybody's butt over and over as we have, a little resentment tends to build... Were we going 4-7, 3-8. 5-6 each year, the teams we play would probably not be too terribly fired up to beat us like they are now.

Let's face it, it's hard to run the table in the SEC. Even the mighty Dawgs with their top 5 ranking earlier in the year now has 2 losses.

VN Store

Back