Opinions on Zach Evans Situation

Of course my biggest fanboy wants to engage with me about this subject.
Yes. Whenever I see you post more of your ignorance, I'll be there to correct it.... all the more so when you whine like a little girl.

Soryy your idol Dooley was a clown and a loser.
You are a fundamentally dishonest person... this is just one more proof.

Any smart person saw that early. You hing on as one of his diehard supporters and hated Jones because of it. Dooley was as crappy at coaching as you are at qb evaluations.
You are a fundamentally dishonest person. I argued that people should withhold criticism of Dooley until he had an opportunity to prove himself... just like I had for Fulmer before him. Since then, I admitted I was wrong. Unlike you... I'm able to be honest with myself about wrong opinions. It was Dooley's performance that earned the criticism... not the criticism that caused his performance.

Jones was a worse coach of the game than Dooley. Jones caught a break with some legacy players. Dooley was a poor recruiter. But just a glance at the OL left by Dooley compared to any that Jones produced... tells you all you need to know about their ability to develop players and teach the game.

That's not to say Dooley was "good"... only how bad your hero Jones was.

Dooley should have made him the starter. he wanted to act like Saban when he was a career loser. Brown smartly got away.
That was in no way tethered to the facts of history. You literally made that up.

Brown had over 500 yards with Marlin Lane ahead of him and a hip injury. He was good here and would have easliy had a 1000 yard season the next year. He made the NFL and had a 200 yard rushing performance.
As usual, you cherry pick a few stats and reject the WHOLE context. Brown had 104 yards in a blowout win over a terrible WKU team and did very little otherwise.

He was good. Your idol Dooley just sucked.
Dooley was never my idol. Not even close. Dooley was in way over his head... and still everything you've said about Brown is false.

Yes. Whenever I see you post more of your ignorance, I'll be there to correct it.... all the more so when you whine like a little girl.

You are a fundamentally dishonest person... this is just one more proof.

You are a fundamentally dishonest person. I argued that people should withhold criticism of Dooley until he had an opportunity to prove himself... just like I had for Fulmer before him. Since then, I admitted I was wrong. Unlike you... I'm able to be honest with myself about wrong opinions. It was Dooley's performance that earned the criticism... not the criticism that caused his performance.

Jones was a worse coach of the game than Dooley. Jones caught a break with some legacy players. Dooley was a poor recruiter. But just a glance at the OL left by Dooley compared to any that Jones produced... tells you all you need to know about their ability to develop players and teach the game.

That's not to say Dooley was "good"... only how bad your hero Jones was.

That was in no way tethered to the facts of history. You literally made that up.

As usual, you cherry pick a few stats and reject the WHOLE context. Brown had 104 yards in a blowout win over a terrible WKU team and did very little otherwise.

Dooley was never my idol. Not even close. Dooley was in way over his head... and still everything you've said about Brown is false.
Dooley had already proven himself before he came. He was a proven loser just like all your opinions. Maybe that is why you like him and his orange britches so much.

You were a Dooley holdout when everyone else saw he was trash. Jones was better and it isn't even close. And Jones was mediocre. That is how bad Dooley and your opinions are.

Is Evans better than Chandler ?

After another look at Evans highlights, I took a look at Chandlers From 247.

Many of you guys watch more tape than I do, so do you see something that POPS in Evans film that translates to more success in the SEC than what Chandler had coming out of HS?

Many of you guys watch more tape than I do, so do you see something that POPS in Evans film that translates to more success in the SEC than what Chandler had coming out of HS?
I think he’s better than Chandler

Last edited by a moderator:
Dooley had already proven himself before he came. He was a proven loser just like all your opinions. Maybe that is why you like him and his orange britches so much.

You were a Dooley holdout when everyone else saw he was trash. Jones was better and it isn't even close. And Jones was mediocre. That is how bad Dooley and your opinions are.
Hindsight is 20/20 fellas. Why don’t you both just admit that both stank and were poor choices that continued our decade of mediocrity and move on to more pertinent subjects. I will say this. I don’t remember all of the details but we had less choice when Dooley was picked. Kiffin bailed 2 weeks before signing day and all the big name coaches had made their moves. We screwed up picking Botch on our own with no excuse for it because there was plenty of time to make a better choice.

Reactions: jlawso21
All signs point to him being a diva. There’s a reason why some programs aren’t recruiting him, but I want him, and we need him.

Surely I’m not the only person on this board who thinks we’re an All-American running back away from winning a natty. (Ha ha laugh it up. I don’t care) Our OL is elite. Our QB (Bailey) is elite. Our WRs are elite. Our OC is elite. And defensively we are a Jeremy Pruitt defense. Nuff said.

All signs point to him being a diva. There’s a reason why some programs aren’t recruiting him, but I want him, and we need him.

Surely I’m not the only person on this board who thinks we’re an All-American running back away from winning a natty. (Ha ha laugh it up. I don’t care) Our OL is elite. Our QB (Bailey) is elite. Our WRs are elite. Our OC is elite. And defensively we are a Jeremy Pruitt defense. Nuff said.
Okay I'm laughing it up. Bailey looks the part but the kid has not played one down against an SEC defense.

Reactions: Frozevol
With solid structure and clear goals he could be an asset here. If he wants a fresh start and positive change were we will not be smothered nor given free range this is it.

If he wants no boundaries and enough rope to destroy his future Lane Kiffin is his spot
Only handler I'm aware of is a fan of our staff and with NPA in Nashville. Similar to the Wideman situation. We had the handler on our side for once. So...there's that.

He's already graduated from high school.

And he can verbally commit to whoever, wherever he wants.

You are correct in that there's nothing binding and nothing will much matter until he enrolls somewhere.
Thank you sir, did not realize he has already fulfilled the high school requirements.

In that case, then yes he is as guilty as the media in perpetuating the saga of his recruitment...to me just another warning light that perhaps we should say no thanks.

Reactions: feathersax

Our OL, WRs, QB are not elite. Neither is our defense. They may be but currently neither are. Even if we landed Evans we are likely still 3-5 years away from sniffing a NC.

Opinion? Only an idiot would pass on a talent like that. If you have room, you make him a priority. Day 1 would be most talented back on the field. His cut and burst are next level, his speed is elite and he seems to have good skills as a receiver. Some are worried about personality or drama issues. Please... barring injury, he's going to the NFL... it's only a matter of what school takes him there.

Personally...let’s just move on
I agree... we are building this kid up as some generational talent because of the timing and the fact it would bolster an already great recruiting class but in all honesty I’d be happy to sign him but it isn’t like he’s a can’t miss player imo.

Last edited:
His Dad was the nutjob. By all accounts Bryce was a good kid that loved Knoxville and missed it terribly after he was forced to transfer

You hit the nail on the head, his father and brother, were that kid's largest problems bewfore he arrived at UT and were instrumental in forcing him to move from UT.

I would submit you really can't tell if a youngster has the it factor in the SEC until you have him on the practice field. He's played his whole life where he was one of the bigger faster kids he was competing against. Until he gets lit up by a snot bubble blowing LB like Bituli or lit up by a 300 lb DT like Gooden in practice you really can't tell how he responds. Some guys it takes a awhile if they ever come around. Other guys just adjust their helmet from where their facemask being where the ear hole was and make the next play. The coaches have decided he has the innate talent to play and they believe they can translate that talent to the field, but they really won't know until he gets a feel for college football and then it's will he or won't he do what it takes?

Our OL, WRs, QB are not elite. Neither is our defense. They may be but currently neither are. Even if we landed Evans we are likely still 3-5 years away from sniffing a NC.
I meant the pieces are there to be elite. I thought that was obvious since we were 8-5 and I named Bailey. Think what you want but we are 2 years out.

Okay I'm laughing it up. Bailey looks the part but the kid has not played one down against an SEC defense.
Obviously. Neither have Hyatt and Wideman but the writing is still on the wall. We are 2 years out. Need an elite tailback.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Sign him if you can. Set his guide lines early and if he screws up let him go. The Vols need a hard running speedy RB and haven't had one for years. For the person on this site who Hasn't done stupid stuff when they were 18/19 yo please raise their hand.

Of course my biggest fanboy wants to engage with me about this subject.

Soryy your idol Dooley was a clown and a loser. Any smart person saw that early. You hing on as one of his diehard supporters and hated Jones because of it. Dooley was as crappy at coaching as you are at qb evaluations.

Dooley should have made him the starter. he wanted to act like Saban when he was a career loser. Brown smartly got away.

Brown had over 500 yards with Marlin Lane ahead of him and a hip injury. He was good here and would have easliy had a 1000 yard season the next year. He made the NFL and had a 200 yard rushing performance.

He was good. Your idol Dooley just sucked.
Literally an entire fake narrative. Nice work.

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back