Opinions on Zach Evans Situation

I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?
Apparently no one has written the dude a check.

Zack may be holding out for high bid a la Bryce Brown. He belongs at Ark where Kiffen is surely setting up EFT for his recruits.

I’d say most fans would be mildly excited to have him on board. I’d view any production we get out of him as a bonus. We already have one excellent running back in the fold. If Evans came in and worked hard I’d be supportive and excited. But would fully expect him to end up transferring, quitting, or being kicked off the team before his three years are up

Reactions: QU1ZE
Zack may be holding out for high bid a la Bryce Brown. He belongs at Ark where Kiffen is surely setting up EFT for his recruits.
Arkansas has a coach named Kiffen? That's odd, I thought Pittman coach Arkansas and Kiffin was at Ole Miss. Never heard of this Kiffen guy

Reactions: RollerVol
The word on the street. My brother in law works at Ole Miss
it's gonna be curious to see where he visits in March, with that last OV he's got. many think he's going to take that visit at UF, which is a little odd, in that he basically had them out of the picture a month ago...to the point of saying "im not going to florida".

but oh well.....it's recruiting.

conventional wisdom is that Ole Miss and Tennessee are the two with the best shot at the moment.....heavy on "at the moment".

hardly anyone seems willing to make a prediction on how it ends, given how it's gone...........

CJP and staff have demonstrated they're more than capable of dealing with athletes who have issues. This guy may or may not have some major head case issues when he gets in class but if the staff thinks he is worth pursuing I believe they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

We haven't had a Jamal Lewis or Travis Henry kind of back in a long time. Evan's may or may not be that but it sure would suck if he went somewhere else and that's what he turned out to be. Eric Gray is a work in progress but a D10 dozer like Lewis or Henry he just ain't. We need a real nasty mauler of a RB. We need a stable of them like we used to seemingly always have back in the old days.

Reactions: OrangeShades
CJP and staff have demonstrated they're more than capable of dealing with athletes who have issues. This guy may or may not have some major head case issues when he gets in class but if the staff thinks he is worth pursuing I believe they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

We haven't had a Jamal Lewis or Travis Henry kind of back in a long time. Evan's may or may not be that but it sure would suck if he went somewhere else and that's what he turned out to be. Eric Gray is a work in progress but a D10 dozer like Lewis or Henry he just ain't. We need a real nasty mauler of a RB. We need a stable of them like we used to seemingly always have back in the old days.
agree with the merit of this.

but Evans isn't a jamal lewis, "big" back either.

evans is more of the maccaffery/kamara ilk....under 6', 200lb-ish....Henry is probably a decent comparison you referenced, at least as far as size goes. i think evans has more "athlete" in him than Henry did though.

he's plenty capable of running inside, don't get me wrong.....but he's not "big" in terms of what you're referencing.

the two guys we brought in this cycle, hodge and whitehead, are more of that ilk...6'+, 220lb+.....

Reactions: Remy
I think '50 Shades of Gray-Evans' will be the greatest combo since the 'Cobb-Webb'.

We will let Ty focus on pure straight line speed items; kickoff returns, end arounds, some swing passes, a little H-back, 3rd down pick up the blitzer, kickoff coverage, etc.

. Jordan would probaly transfer he’s a pretty solid back runs hard and can break tackles
yeah,i was really impressed with how much he improved from 18 to 19. it was apparent he got better.

not sure it's good enough though, especially looking at what gray brings to the table, and if Evans showed up.

another thing to consider is, and this is assuming our somewhat crowded RB room had a departure or two, if Evans doesn't come here, we could potentially go after Chase Hayden, grad transfer, immediately eligible and has 2 years to play.....

forget Evans...Aaron Hayden's son, Chase, RB, is in the transfer portal...want him instead..:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: Remy
forget Evans...Aaron Hayden's son, Chase, RB, is in the transfer portal...want him instead..:D

GO BIG ORANGE!
Why would you want the 188 ranked rb from his class who has been worse than Jordan, when you can get the 1 runningback from his class?

If he wasn't a legacy no one would bring him up. Madre London 2.0

It would be great to get him. We need a dynamic playmaker like him.

Bryce Brown was good here. He also made the NFL. He left because he knew Dooley was a loser and a clown.
You really can't be right about anything, can you?

Dooley was way over his head. But Brown leaving was a lot more about the promises made by Kiffin that Dooley wouldn't or couldn't fulfill than anything Dooley did. Brown was a head case and prima donna. He was never even close to "good" at UT or the NFL. An absolute TON of talent wasted because of his attitude and sense of entitlement.

Reactions: MikeVol44
I don’t think he knows. Hoping it’s us but if I had to guess I would say it’s a tossup between Kiffin and Florida.
If he really is Bryce Brownish, we should drop him like a smoking hot potato freshly removed from a laser-powered oven.

If he is a head case and not a team player............I'm cool if he signs with Florida. WRECK THAT LOCKER ROOM SON!!!!

Reactions: MAD
agree with the merit of this.

but Evans isn't a jamal lewis, "big" back either.

evans is more of the maccaffery/kamara ilk....under 6', 200lb-ish....Henry is probably a decent comparison you referenced, at least as far as size goes. i think evans has more "athlete" in him than Henry did though.

he's plenty capable of running inside, don't get me wrong.....but he's not "big" in terms of what you're referencing.

the two guys we brought in this cycle, hodge and whitehead, are more of that ilk...6'+, 220lb+.....

Yeah I'm not really an evaluator or anything lol. Henry and Lewis both look big to me. If this guy comes in I just trust in the staff. If it happens I would hope he turns out to be something special. Take the starting job and run around, over or thru them in the Charlotte game without letting off the gas pedal all season long. Be something special. It's been too long since we've seen it and with the huge question mark at QB I'd sure like to see it again soon.

VN Store

Back