Opinions on Zach Evans Situation

inpruittwetrust

I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?

Reactions: MAD and livefaith
Two words that kill any enthusiasm I may have for this: Bryce Brown. Vols survived his circus and got him on campus and he was a head case on the team just like he had been throughout the recruiting process. Evans looks like the same story, second chapter.

I don’t think he knows. Hoping it’s us but if I had to guess I would say it’s a tossup between Kiffin and Florida.

Tennessee will be fine with or without Zach Evans, I have always believed QB is the most important position on a football team. The difference between good and great, RB not so much.

I have to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on Evans. If they felt he was a diva they would not be after him. Pruitt is clearly not bUTch, he is not going to promise you playing time or a position without you earning it. If Evans comes to UT it will be because he wants to be here not because he was promised anything by this coaching staff.

Two words that kill any enthusiasm I may have for this: Bryce Brown. Vols survived his circus and got him on campus and he was a head case on the team just like he had been throughout the recruiting process. Evans looks like the same story, second chapter.

Was Bryyce Brown really a "head case" on the team? I thot he played pretty well with like 500 yards as FR and plenty of receiving yards. Never heard of a single issue with the team. I think Boy Wonder may have promised him to start and THAT pissed off Tauren Poole, who was probably ahead of him developmentally. But, in no way can I see that laid at BBs feet.

I thought he had a good 1 season and would have been a stud in yr 2 and 3. I've since been a bit concerned that Kiffin got him here via a "bag man" and a variety of promises. His uncleagent yanked him out immediately when CLK left and Dools came in.

my take is this....the bryce brown situation is totally different for one reason...the head coaches involved.

i also think a lot of assumptions are being made about evans. that's not to say there's not been issues, there have been.

but he's graduated HS and is currently in Nashville, working out etc...with NPA. at least a sign that he probably knew he needed to remove himself from whatever situation he had in Houston. is that a sign of progress on his part?

lastly....if nothing else Pruitt has at least shown some level of success when dealing with kids with problems or potential problems.

i think most everyone would say the Jennings situation was wildly successful.
i think most would say that we're at least in "so far, so good" territory with Bryce Thompson.
and it at least seems there's another potential success story brewing with the Jeremy Banks situation.

so i don't worry so much about what would happen if he came here. we have good leadership in the locker room. and in the coaching staff.

and i would actually be selling all that as probably reason #1 to come here. there's a track record of structure and support here that could help a kid with the issues (perceived or not) Evans might have.

jmo.

I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?
Personally, I don't care, but with 270 pages in the recruiting forum, a lot of vol fans do.

He has the talent to play major college football but he's been given a lot of bad advice by his "handlers", he will land somewhere and my money says he will never be heard from again

With solid structure and clear goals he could be an asset here. If he wants a fresh start and positive change were we will not be smothered nor given free range this is it.

If he wants no boundaries and enough rope to destroy his future Lane Kiffin is his spot

Probably past time to just move on and focus energy on other prospects. If he chooses UT..........will we all be discussing if and when he will be transferring?

Tennessee just simply doesn't need all this drama. He probably needs some good counselling to help him figure out a plan and path and the best fit. Maybe he is getting some healthy guidance and not just a bunch of misdirection and drama from the recruiting process.

He has the talent to play major college football but he's been given a lot of bad advice by his "handlers", he will land somewhere and my money says he will never be heard from again
agreed. that's why i think it's a sign of progress that he's currently staying in NAshville, away from his "normal" crowd.

By all indications he's a great talent.
I only want him here if he really wants to be here with no second guessing.
So many similarities to Bryce Brown

Not really similar to Brown at all. Brown had a family member in his ear and acting as his "advisor" the whole time during recruitment as well as after he arrived on campus. Evans is as squirrely as Brown fo sho, but Evans is all on his own executing his own disaster movie. I just do not see how all this turns out well for him. At the end of the day he becomes one guy on a TEAM of people. I don't see his ego allowing much of a TEAM approach to his way of operating.

Reactions: grandpa and teeball
He can either win with us or lose against us. Decision is his.

I hear this in Ivan Drago's voice....................

images

VN Store

Back