Opinion on rotation?

Thought it was pretty clear from the exh. game that we've got a very solid 9 man rotation if fulk can get the TOs under control. Hoping burns doesn't play another minute so that we get him 4 whole seasons. He'll be important next season as a back up to Walker.
If we can get more minutes from Walker and fulk early it will mean stronger legs in March for williams and Alexander.

Thought it was pretty clear from the exh. game that we've got a very solid 9 man rotation if fulk can get the TOs under control. Hoping burns doesn't play another minute so that we get him 4 whole seasons. He'll be important next season as a back up to Walker.
If we can get more minutes from Walker and fulk early it will mean stronger legs in March for williams and Alexander.

How many TOs did Fulkerson have versus Tusculum? I remember one really bad one in the 2nd half where he fumbled it out of bounds under the basket.

As a post player his TO totals might not accurately reflect reality. Most post players don't look to pass nearly as much as he does. Passers tend to log a lot more TOs than the receivers. Fulkerson's best contribution on offense might be as a high post looking to feed somebody under the basket. It's either going to result in a high percentage look at the basket, a double team which frees someone else up (with no assist credited to the high post player), or a TO.

Barnes made mention that they have a 10 man rotation they like, seeing as how Kent didn’t play and Burns didn’t get in until the very end and it’s pretty easy to figure out who the 10 are. I think in competitive games you’ll probably see 8-9 guys play with Johnson probably being the odd man out.

I definitely think you’re going to see Tennessee go to the bench more in games they’ve got a comfortable lead, last year we tended to stick with our main guys, I think you’ll see 6-10 get a lot of minutes OOC.

VN Store

Back