Open practice, Saturday 4/10?

Beckwith is going to be a monster in this O wow
I'm trying to temper my expectations about him. But it's hard to not get excited.

He looks just as fast as Jaylen Wright but he's as a big as a DE. And shows good vision and gets his pads low despite being 6'5.

Still hope to see him lineup at WR and TE

I'm trying to temper my expectations about him. But it's hard to not get excited.

He looks just as fast as Jaylen Wright but he's as a big as a DE. And shows good vision and gets his pads low despite being 6'5.

Still hope to see him lineup at WR and TE
IMO... you will. He could line up at WR, TE, HB, RB, or Wildcat. What kind of pressure would that put on opponents? They can change sets without changing personnel while running as fast as they're practicing.

Based on the video, we are going to be exciting to watch...
We look fast, very fast.
Our LBs were giving up big chunks in the run game.

Brightside, our RBs look like they can all turn the corner for big yardage. Wright looks good out there. Anxious to see what Evans brings. Beckwith, Small and Wright look worthy.

Hyatt and Wideman need the football. Velus and Calloway don't need much design. Just throw it them at let them make a play

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
LB are definitely the weak spot on defense ... not any of them making any plays .. seen some guys playing there that would have hard time playing for a good HS team...we have to improve there or defense will get eat alive .

LB are definitely the weak spot on defense ... not any of them making any plays .. seen some guys playing there that would have hard time playing for a good HS team...we have to improve there or defense will get eat alive .
Need help from the DL as well. They weren't getting off blocks.

Banks nor Harrison are available. Both of those guys will provide some juice there.

you’d think those two guys who STILL have not found a new home in the portal might just say, hey we start atTennessee...maybe the grass isn’t all that greener.

IMO... you will. He could line up at WR, TE, HB, RB, or Wildcat. What kind of pressure would that put on opponents? They can change sets without changing personnel while running as fast as they're practicing.

It would be huge because if he is an X factor at all those spots then it will open up the offense for other playmakers because the defense will zone in on him

Reactions: sjt18 and LittleVol

Banks nor Harrison are available. Both of those guys will provide some juice there.
I'm wondering if we could stand up Harrison and throw him in the LB spot. I think he's still at DE, right? I hope the allegations of Beasley aren't true because he is a bit of a tweener who could move to LB

I'm wondering if we could stand up Harrison and throw him in the LB spot. I think he's still at DE, right? I hope the allegations of Beasley aren't true because he is a bit of a tweener who could move to LB
Harrison is already at ILB. But he's recovering from injury.
Just made the move this spring.

Thanks Fingers for the video. Not even 2 full pages of comments. Does not seem remotely close to the VNs I've come to know.

For sure. There's not much excitement around Tennessee football. We've been through the ringer with a lot of shattered hopes in dreams since Dooley I don't see the excitement level getting back to the same level until we have a solid winning season.

So excited about Vols football right now. Can't wait to see what this offense might do. Every Spring we award most improved on O and on D, wonder who those will be? Some guys have rebuilt themselves (Burrell for one, who else?). A few of the freshmen will wow us by contributing right out of the gate; sounds like Wright could be one. A lot goin on and Spring not half-over.

VN Store

Back