Only four more days until we get a look at our Lady Vol basketball team!

I am so excited for the exhibition game. We’ll finally get a look at our squad under the direction of KJH.

Looming in my mind though is the Notre Dame match-up two weeks later. Coach Kellie has talked about preparing the team for adversity, and, BOY - she will learn a lot about her team that night. I can’t wait to see that game.
I wish the game could come later in the season. Kind of like Fla with the football
program neither team has many games
under their belts with new people. If KH
can keep it close I will be well pleased☺️

I wish the game could come later in the season. Kind of like Fla with the football
program neither team has many games
under their belts with new people. If KH
can keep it close I will be well pleased☺️

When I first saw the schedule I thought, “Oh my god! That’s way too early for this team to face a top-tier opponent!” But then I started thinking about how having all their weaknesses exposed so early will give the coaching staff more time to address them before they get to the meat of their schedule. There will be no false security after 10 easy wins and then, WHAM!... reality sets in. Kellie will soon have film from a game against an extremely well-coached opponent who will be well prepared to exploit our weaknesses.

Also, while the game will be early — still way TOO early to expect the team to be running like clockwork — I feel like this early matchup will be more of a chance for Kellie to think on her feet as well as show the players how she’s more likely to behave in bigger games.

Bottom line is I’m actually thrilled now that we’ll be thrown into that sea of green early. I’m also just hoping Tennessee can keep it close.

When I first saw the schedule I thought, “Oh my god! That’s way too early for this team to face a top-tier opponent!” But then I started thinking about how having all their weaknesses exposed so early will give the coaching staff more time to address them before they get to the meat of their schedule. There will be no false security after 10 easy wins and then, WHAM!... reality sets in. Kellie will soon have film from a game against an extremely well-coached opponent who will be well prepared to exploit our weaknesses.

Also, while the game will be early — still way TOO early to expect the team to be running like clockwork — I feel like this early matchup will be more of a chance for Kellie to think on her feet as well as show the players how she’s more likely to behave in bigger games.

Bottom line is I’m actually thrilled now that we’ll be thrown into that sea of green early. I’m also just hoping Tennessee can keep it close.
Always like your insight on the lady vols
you seem to think things through. 🙂 I liked
the part about no sense of false security
How true

Reactions: StrangeVol

Well said! I think that’s what I was getting at, but you articulated it much better.

OT comment ….

The old Gule spent 11 hours driving to and back from Cutler Bay yesterday to deliver all of Wifey's glass table tops and Tiffany lamps and lladro figurines What a pita! but, didn't break a single thing other than my tailbone... lol

VN Store

Back