Onlu 2 coaches to consider if pruitt let go

The only 2 coaches to consider should be Lance leipold and like fickell. These are the two best coaches in the country that tennessee could afford. Tske a look at leipolds track record of successsnd Fickell has build a great program at Cincinnati.
I think he meant Boyce Hawkins

No to Fickel .. bad clock mgmt .. he lost the Ga game cause of it .. seen enough of that crap . GA kicked game winning FG with 7 sec left .. Cincy snapped ball with 10 sec on play clock on 2nd and 3rd down .. could have run off 15 more seconds .. and to beat it all threw a pass on 3rd down when Ga had no TO' s left .. cost them the game .. dont want him

Reactions: codeye
The one guy out of all them that is probably the best bet and wanted by the majority of this fanbase is the one guy they will never hire and that is Hugh Freeze. I don't believe we would backlash for it either it's like fate is saying here you go he is yours.

CLL coached under Stan Zweifel at Whitewater. Zweifel’s book on the zone running game one of the first books I read when I got into coaching

Okay his name is Luke Fickell. Jamey Chadwell and Hugh Freeze would argue your point!
Chadwell is one hit wonder so far. Need more track record. Freeze is a walking NCAA violation. The two I mentioned have no baggage and several years of success.

He took over a UWW team that had back to back undefeated seasons and kept it going, which is good. That kind of winning shows he's a decent coach but that doesn't mean it will translate to the SEC level. He went to Buffalo, where the team actually regressed his first three years there (compared to the 2 prior years). It took him until the 4th season for him to turn things around at Buffalo. He has no recruiting connections in the South. Even Illinois, which is abysmal, would rather have a retread in Bielema than Leipold. You don't see tons of teams beating down his door.

If he did here what he did at Buffalo, he wouldn't make it to Y3, much less a Y4. It appears every other P5 AD agrees with me so far.
Cool story bro. Too bad your dead wrong. His second year at Buffalo they regressed mostly due to him retooling the roster. They improved from there and were a ranked team this year. Fir whatever thats worth. Look at his teams style if play. They pointed teams to death and play great defense. Your reasons why he wouldn't succeed are awful and few. Illinois choising an Illinois native over leipold, isn't a sight on leipold. They wanted a proven name.

Chadwell is one hit wonder so far. Need more track record. Freeze is a walking NCAA violation. The two I mentioned have no baggage and several years of success.
Chadwell has been successful at 3 locations levels. He has the best coached team in NCAA this year

Cool story bro. Too bad your dead wrong. His second year at Buffalo they regressed mostly due to him retooling the roster. They improved from there and were a ranked team this year. Fir whatever thats worth. Look at his teams style if play. They pointed teams to death and play great defense. Your reasons why he wouldn't succeed are awful and few. Illinois choising an Illinois native over leipold, isn't a sight on leipold. They wanted a proven name.

Buffalo was 13-11 the 2 years before he got there. They were 13-23 his first 3 seasons there. Yes, he slowly built it up but he won't have that luxury here. He will have to build recruiting connections, retool the roster, and win over a skeptical fanbase. It took 4 years at Buffalo. You dont have that luxury in the SEC. You can't do slow builds in the SEC. The coaches who can get the most out of existing talent, retool the roster on the fly, get high level recruits in are the ones who succeed at new jobs in the SEC.

You may think I'm dead wrong but as of right now, all 65 P5 schools agree with me, even those as bad as Illinois.

So, if CJP is let go because of NCAA stuff,,, What in the hell makes anybody think ANY COACH would come here and coach during a probation?? OMG

Well now that O'Brien looks to be off the table, here's what my board would look like...

1. Hugh Freeze
2. Tom Herman
3. Matt Campbell
4. Billy Napier
5. Jamey Chadwell

If all these guys say no I would then turn to Malzahn. He may not be the answer long term but he would at least be better than what we have and could possibly stabilize the program long enough to find the long term answer.

Fits?
The only 2 coaches to consider should be Lance leipold and like fickell. These are the two best coaches in the country that tennessee could afford. Tske a look at leipolds track record of successsnd Fickell has build a great program at Cincinnati.
Fitz, Allen, Freeze?

Well now that O'Brien looks to be off the table, here's what my board would look like...

1. Hugh Freeze
2. Tom Herman
3. Matt Campbell
4. Billy Napier
5. Jamey Chadwell

If all these guys say no I would then turn to Malzahn. He may not be the answer long term but he would at least be better than what we have and could possibly stabilize the program long enough to find the long term answer.

Here is a good list.

After today....assuming Pruitt is terminated, my first call/choice is Napier. I go all out for him, but I don't let it drag out. If UT had a clue, they'd have already made that call and worked out the details. If Napier is a firm no, I don't waste anymore time. I call and sign Freeze and let him get to work. This thing gets done by the weekend.

Of course, this is UT. I'll hope we have a coach by spring ball.

Hard pass on both.

VN Store

Back