One time transfer rule passes

Not great for UT this year. Check out the top 10 transfers for 2021. UT has 4 of the top 10 going to other teams. Add in Henry T, who would be in the top 10 had he picked a school, and we would be losing 5 of the players ranked in the top 10. Going to take a bunch of highly ranked transfers coming to UT to balance this score. Maybe we can over the next 4 to 5 years.

Not great for UT this year. Check out the top 10 transfers for 2021. UT has 4 of the top 10 going to other teams. Add in Henry T, who would be in the top 10 had he picked a school, and we would be losing 5 of the players ranked in the top 10. Going to take a bunch of highly ranked transfers coming to UT to balance this score. Maybe we can over the next 4 to 5 years.
Wrong sport bro, nobody cares about FB

Packervol,If they are going to leave,let them go ahead and be.able to play this year instead of having to wait a year.They are already.gone from UT,so what is the difference?Now we could also get some immediate help if someone.comes.here(like the.Longhorn linebacker).

This will be the end of college sports as we know it. But Tennessee football as we used to know it has been over for a long time.

This is going to be a killer for many programs. Their best players will just be using them like Community Colleges, waiting for a bigger school to offer (off the record of course).

Yep I see where recruiting will be like, we really wanted you but go to Stepping Stone University and I'm sure we will have room for you next year. The player balls out the next year then transfers to said college. Player bombs at Stepping Stone U and the coach does not even call.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Sad times
Honestly, I think this is the camel having his nose under the tent. We get to the point of college sports having a form of "free agency" and "paying players"...well...that's something we've already got. Pro sports. I know college sports is big business and isn't this "pure" form of entertainment, but when you're flipping rosters and players are coming and going every year, it's hard to really get attached to a team. I think it's going to increase the divide between the elite programs and the rest of the programs.

Hope this really is a "one time" deal, but I doubt it. I think it will morph into something that provides a form of free agency. Sad to see things go that way.

SEC still has to update, but the expectation is they’ll approve it, other conferences all are so SEC will be hurting themselves if they dont.

I hate agreeing with Saban...but this is a terrible idea. Any school that's not a traditional power is doomed to become a glorified JUCO as their stars wait to take a turn with a program that's already in the title chase.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
NCAA should also pass a limit on number of transfers that a school can accept. Say no more than 1/3 of your available scholarships can go to transfers. Otherwise expect some programs to be built completely off transfers.

I'm okay with it even if as a fan I don't like it. NCAA is a business no matter how much they want to claim they're not. Coaches can leave/move as they want with minimal to no penalty, players can't. This gives them another inch of control on their careers and let's be honest, they've essentially been able to do this (especially if you want to play QB at Georgia or OSU) already. This just confirms what was already essentially happening.

Yes, there will be some schools/players that abuse this and whatnot but I think it's at worst 50/50 good/bad at the moment. I am willing to see how 3-4 years of having this in place turns out before calling it a horrible thing.

VN Store

Back