One thing I think would help the BCS.....

DownNDirty

Well, some may agree and some may not but I think that all the major conferences should have a "title game." It probably wouldn't ever happen but I think that the major conferences should have enough teams to have a major title game.

Big 10 - Already with 11 teams they just need to add one more, don't know where it would come from. I'm sure the Big 10 would want a team with alot of prestige and Notre Dame would be the obvious pick but I don't think ND would go for it. If not maybe a team out of the MAC.

Pac 10 - Here's a good chance to add Utah and maybe Colorado State to the Pac 10 to make 12 teams and they could have a playoff as well. You could just split the conference into two 5 team divisions too and not add anyone.

ACC - Already with 11 teams they need one more and they can have a two division conference.

The Big East is the only "major" conference left without a title game and right now they've only got 7 teams. I don't know what the answer is there but I think if all these conferences had a championship game and having that one extra game alot of things would work themselves out even better. Plus it would be one exciting weekend of college football with an SEC, Big 12, ACC, Big 10/12, Pac 10/12, WAC, MAC, and C-USA title game all on the same weekend.

DD

Big Ten - logic says add ND but more likely Pitt

ACC - addition of BC next year will allow ACC to have their Championship game scheduled for Jacksonville DEC 2005.

Pac - 10 - this would be tough maybe Utah and BYU

Big East in 2005 will be on equal footing with C-USA, MAC, MVC, MWC, WAC and no longer deserving of an automatic BCS bid

as for splitting the Pac 10 into 2 5 team division and a championship game the NCAA rules will not allow it, must be 12 team conference in order to get a championship game.

I learn something new every day, I didn't realize that a conference had to have 12 teams. About the ACC thing, I knew that and had temporary brain fade. I forgot they were adding BC next year so that should help sort things out in the ACC too. With the ACC getting a title game then all we need is the Big 10 to add a team and the Pac 10 to add two and all the major conferences are set.

DD

I think the Mountain West is too small as is to take any teams out. Utah will probably stay for all intents and purposes. If Pac-10 were to add any teams, I feel a pretty big degree of certainty that Fresno State would be the first. After that, I would say perhaps San Jose State or maybe Idaho from the Sun Belt, but those teams are far too weak. So I dunno.

VN Store

Back