On the road again, Lady Volleyballers are on the road again...

StrangeVol

playin' volleyball with their friends they just can't wait to be on the road again! ;)

Sorry, silliness overwhelmed me when I sat down at the keyboard.

Seriously, Two road games loom in front of the Lady Volleyballers, the first is Friday vs Georgia in Athens at 7:00 with TV coverage by SECN+. Georgia looks to be a pretty decent team although earlier in the season they got swept by Clemson, UCLA and Texas State. More recently they beat S Carolina on the road 3-2 and lost to Florida 3-1, also on the road. So, I'm gonna guess this will be a hotly contested match. I have no idea who wins, but I sure hope it's us as I want to win at least one game against Georgia this weekend. :)

Next is a quick trip to Auburn to play at 2:00 on Sunday afternoon with coverage again by SECN+. Things are not going well for 6 & 7 Auburn so far. In the SEC they've been swept by both S Carolina and Florida both matches on the road. Other losses of note are TCU and Michigan State, both games also on the road, in Ft. Worth and Kalamazoo, respectively. Not much to see here, I think there is blood in the water and our Lady Vols make like hungry sharks!

Two games in three days is a bit rough but we have the depth and talent to handle it. The upside is that we could win both matches and push our SEC record to a more respectable 3 & 1, and our overall record to 9 & 5. My major concern is that so far we are only 1 & 3 on the road. Not good.

Last edited:
ha, good stuff...thanks SV...if they continue to play like they did against A%M...they'll be ok...

GO LADY VOLS!

ha, good stuff...thanks SV...if they continue to play like they did against A%M...they'll be ok...

GO LADY VOLS!

I'm hoping that win over TA&M is the spark they needed to get their confidence up. I also think getting Lily back into the full rotation was a great move. :)

I'm hoping that win over TA&M is the spark they needed to get their confidence up. I also think getting Lily back into the full rotation was a great move. :)
Me too Strange in all accounts. Lilly brought the spark back to this team other night and I would expect Eve will give her the opportunity and run with it. If not I will be disappointed. Did not see much of Ava that match either. Love those LVs and the head coach as well. JMHO as always! ss

Reactions: StrangeVol
Not a good performance at all. We just don't seem to have "it" so far this season. I have no idea what the problem is but this team is just not clicking this season.

Anybody got any ideas?

We can still get a win this weekend. Auburn is not a very good team and we should beat them soundly. Let's get it done ladies!

Go Lady Vols!!!

VN Store

Back