'21 MD QB Christian Veilleux (PSU commit)

Coaching staff has def impressed me with how it's taken 3 stars and we've watched them climb the rankings afterwards. That said, in my humble opinion this kid has more than Salter in terms of pocket presence and ability to read the field.

Salter is better overall athlete and imo since Bailey is here they see a chance to go after a kid with a higher upside that can sit and learn for a couple of years, of course that is rare for any high ranked QB to do these days, most just transfer somewhere to play immediately.

I think the Haynes King interest and the Salter recruitment indicate this offense will be fluid to allow for wider shopping of the signalcaller types. Land a kid like this one season and follow up with a Ty Simpson the next. Won’t be typecast.

I think the Haynes King interest and the Salter recruitment indicate this offense will be fluid to allow for wider shopping of the signalcaller types. Land a kid like this one season and follow up with a Ty Simpson the next. Won’t be typecast.
Thank the lord we didn’t lose Bailey to King

Thank the lord we didn’t lose Bailey to King
I’m on the record for being against recruiting two alpha QB’s in the same class. Get your guy and recruit around him imo. You can add a potential QB and the reality exists that maybe they emerge. But when you get that name, that’s your identity before the real football starts.

I’m on the record for being against recruiting two alpha QB’s in the same class. Get your guy and recruit around him imo. You can add a potential QB and the reality exists that maybe they emerge. But when you get that name, that’s your identity before the real football starts.
So if Ty Simpson and the Davis kid both want in next cycle, you tell which one what?

I tell the better one he’s in.
You don’t cow tow and let them determine who goes where. You make them fight to be THE guy. The cream rises to the top and the talent comes to you to play with that talent. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want to load up on elite level talents anyway, but there’s nothing wrong with that opinion, Butchna

Reactions: Devo182
You don’t cow tow and let them determine who goes where. You make them fight to be THE guy. The cream rises to the top and the talent comes to you to play with that talent. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want to load up on elite level talents anyway, but there’s nothing wrong with that opinion, Butchna
Because QBs are different. Never seen two top tiers in the same class stay the whole course. Eason, Fromm and Fields were in different classes and one season was the max any of them were on the same roster. When you have two or more face of the program QBs, someone loses the competition and someone leaves the program. Stagger em and you have a chance of succession. Hey, get what you can if you can...just a personal preference because I think it works out better.

I think you have to take them both then let the competition determine your guy and hopefully both emerge better from it. In this day and age of transfers and concussion protocols the prudent thing is to collect as much talent as u can at QB then as u say let the cream rise. The idea of having “your guy” is nice, but if he gets injured or just doesn’t live up to his potential you’re screwed. Nobody likes to see guys bail before they get their opportunity but it’s part of the game these days.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Because QBs are different. Never seen two top tiers in the same class stay the whole course. Eason, Fromm and Fields were in different classes and one season was the max any of them were on the same roster. When you have two or more face of the program QBs, someone loses the competition and someone leaves the program. Stagger em and you have a chance of succession. Hey, get what you can if you can...just a personal preference because I think it works out better.
Very fair point, as well. In this day and age, no one wants to wait their turn, either. They transfer at the first sign of friction or legitimate competition. Lots of 5 star QBs want it laid right into their laps.

He told the Clemson site he would announce his decision in the next few weeks. He wanted to visit all the schools in his final 5 again, but can't under the current situation of course.

I like trying to get a QB every class and not really more than one if possible, especially if you can get one like Bailey every two years. I know that’s a prefect world type of scenario and doesn’t always work but that’s my preference

VN Store

Back