On Hopson...

StepCross

much has been made of whether he's better than last year, and if so, in what ways.

The biggest difference for me, is that this year, when our offense looks slow and stagnant, I find myself thinking, "Hopson needs to get the ball."

I literally NEVER thought that last year.

The biggest difference for me is that this year, when he see his sweet flat-top fade, I find myself thinking, "I miss Bell Biv Devoe."

His game is starting to round into form. He is being more of factor when the game counts instead of standing around the 3 line. Sweet 15 footer with more interior play and rebounds.

needs to be consistant! needs to get a better handle on ball handling! other than that, He was it all!!!!

Seems to be he's actually willing to take over games now. Ill need to see it more than once before I qualify him as changed though.

His problem is all between the ears. Its decision making that keeps him from being a great player. That and consistency.

IMO, a significant change in Hopson game this year is T-Harris. Last night specifically, they seem to have very strong chemistry and take each others game up a few levels when playing together. There were several plays last night that it was obvious that Hop and Harris were looking for each other in transition and in the half court.

Ive got my fingers crossed that Harris may be the "wingman" Scottie has needed to take his game to the level of play we have seen glimpses of in his first 2 years.

Scotty is much more aggresive on the offensive side of the ball, instead of settling for bad 3 pointers like he did much of last year he is driving the lane, cutting baseline and this summer he apparently developed a mid-range game.

His rebounding has obviously improved and it was noticeable even before his 11 rebound effort last night.

Scotty has not been taking plays off on defense and no longer disappears on the offensive end for long periods of time.

The biggest improvement has certainly been his defense, both on ball and away from the ball. He is not losing his defender on screens, getting shaken out of his shoes or beat to the basket. Most notably he has defended passing lanes well denying the ball. Make it a habit to watch him defend this year and you will be impressed with the improvement.

Where Scotty was once a liability on defense as many of people have pointed out that Skylar is, He is now one of our best defenders. If Scotty continues to improve during the season and has another summer like he did in 2010, then after his senior year he has a legit chance to be a 2nd round draft choice IMO.

He must shoot better. He was recruited to score inside and out. The inside piece is improved, slightly. Defense, similarly (was dreadful last year). But he's knocking down little from outside other than unchallenged 15 footers. And, IMO, if he's to rise to the level expected of a guy who was a #2 on Scout.com's 2008 recruit ranking, he's gotta improve his foot speed 100%.
BTW, another #2 on that same Scout.com listing was Kemba Walker. Comparable performances by these two, today?

The biggest difference for me is that this year, when he see his sweet flat-top fade, I find myself thinking, "I miss Bell Biv Devoe."

I miss Kid 'N Play.

:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back