On Dormady's wrist...

Even if someone is getting suspended for a game, he would be a fool to do it for GT. Keep a lid on it until after GT, then suspend for the cupcake game.

My apologies for calling the guy a troll who said Dormady hurt his wrist. I was incorrect except that he suggested the QB race might be decided by the injury which it wasn't.

Who said that? Just curious.

want to know why it's not going to be an issue? He's a DorMANdy. Bad dad joke with blue font.

Maybe it's in reference to the GT RB suspension because they have a couple of injuries involving an O lineman and LB. That's if the context of the tweet is about the season opener.

GT's RB was dismissed from the team. He's gone. He wasn't suspended. This absolutely has to do with our players.

what the heck is goin on in Knoxville??? trying hold out on the news until the last possible minute? "IF suspension holds"...??? Youd think they wouldve just announced it already if the rumors were true. Hopefully they don't do a mind-fudge us hours before kickoff. That would be a really crappy way to start the season and probably leave a really sour taste in the mouth of Vol fans, especially if we get rolled by GTech.

Not trying to be a smart ass but, what would a Tech RB suspension have to do with our QB's potential to be elite?..

Thanks for saying not trying to be a smart ass (and I didn't take it like that anyway). That's a valid question you're asking. I had qualified the suggestion that it could have referred to the GT injuries at LB and OL for the season opener depending on the context.

So if the context was about what would be keys for both teams for the opener, ie depth at OL and LB for GT because of their injured players at those positions, then it would mean Vols should be elite at QB for the opener(GT) since it wasn't the QB's throwing wrist.

That relevance was solely dependent on the context being key factors for the opener that could determine the outcome for either team. So one of the keys could be QB for us and another key, this one for GT, could be the guy who was thrown off the team as well as the GT LB/OL injuries reported.

If it was just about the entire season in general, and only about our own team, then it wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
GT's RB was dismissed from the team. He's gone. He wasn't suspended. This absolutely has to do with our players.

Yes, we knew that, but there were also reports of GT OL/LB injuries the same day so that wouldn't have been a stretch to consider as a key factor for the season opener if that was the context of the statement. I hope that makes sense.

Maybe it was a two part question and Brice was answering both at the same time. Like.... what is the status on QBs wrist and what positions are key to the game. Freak, do you remember the contextof the question?

Sorry, late night and sleep deprived.

Reactions: 1 person
DL is more important than LB.

it is, but in the front 7, depth and talent wise, LB is a bigger concern. if we start losing DT's like we did last year at the top of the rotation, then we'll be in trouble in a hurry.

but he's correct overall....the OL is experienced and deep, and if it's not ready to go, and there are legitimate concerns on the O line, then that could really derail the season. this offense has to be able to control the ball, and protect a passer. and an O line wiht the experience that's returning, and supposed talent.....well, it'll be really disappointing if this version of the O line gets pushed around again.

OL and LB are the two biggest concerns on this team....i do agree with and believe that to be the case.

Thanks for saying not trying to be a smart ass (and I didn't take it like that anyway). That's a valid question you're asking. I had qualified the suggestion that it could have referred to the GT injuries at LB and OL for the season opener depending on the context.

So if the context was about what would be keys for both teams for the opener, ie depth at OL and LB for GT because of their injured players at those positions, then it would mean Vols should be elite at QB for the opener(GT) since it wasn't the QB's throwing wrist.

That relevance was solely dependent on the context being key factors for the opener that could determine the outcome for either team. So one of the keys could be QB for us and another key, this one for GT, could be the guy who was thrown off the team as well as the GT LB/OL injuries reported.

If it was just about the entire season in general, and only about our own team, then it wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I hope that makes sense.

Did you really write this gibberish? What the hell you trying to say. Thanks

It was Orangevol but he said "it might be decided" because he thought it was his throwing arm. He was concerned, not trolling.

Yea not trolling. Even if it would have been his non throwing wrist and it be broke he would have been out.

Hank Hill drove by with "QD hurt wrist".

Did you really write this gibberish? What the hell you trying to say. Thanks

No, I didn't write any gibberish. I answered a question that was asked of me and at the same time explained how a text without a context is just a pretext. You're welcome.

A Ga Tech fan friend tells me it's a shame that we are losing 3 starters for our game.
I asked where he heard that and he cited an Atlanta radio station.
I told him that is still only a rumor.

But, it got me to thinking.
What do we fans DESERVE to know about such things?
If anything?

So, l decided to just look at it as entertainment.
Say you were going to a concert.
The lead singer has been battling laryngitis.
The concert producers know this but don't divulge it.
You paid $300 for tix.
Concert sucked. Singers voice cracked and difficult to hear.
Did you have a right to know, in advance, you were getting an inferior product?

Or, say your wife takes you to New York to see a Broadway play opening. The lead character is her favorite actor. But, he's sick (which the producers have known for a while but have kept secret to sell more tickets) and you see an unknown understudy instead.
Your wife is pissed and angry they didn't let it be known in advance so that she could sell her tickets instead of going to see what she considered an inferior product.
Was she right?

So, let's just say you spent about $1,000 on tickets and lodging for a college football game to see your favorite team play...in say....Atlanta...

And, say your coach knows for weeks but waits, so as not to tip off his competition, until right before kickoff to announce that three of your teams key players and starters (including your favorite player) are suspended.
Are you rightfully angry at getting an "inferior" product to watch just as in the above concert and play examples?

^ You raise some thought-provoking questions. In my opinion, the team is still the team even when a backup plays in place of an injured starter. Purchasing the ticket is admission to watch the game no matter who is playing on the team as long as it is that team playing as the product. Therefore, it is not an inferior product because the team playing satisfies the terms of delivering the product in exchange for the cost of the ticket.

Knowing about an alleged injury or suspension at an earlier time won't help an injury heal any faster or accomplish anything positive for the team or the fans. The same could be said of knowing about an alleged suspension.

It's my opinion that anger won't accomplish anything worthwhile in those scenarios either.

I'm not convinced fans deserve to know about such things if divulging the inside info is considered a risk by coaching staff even if it would be nice to know.

What do you think?

A Ga Tech fan friend tells me it's a shame that we are losing 3 starters for our game.
I asked where he heard that and he cited an Atlanta radio station.
I told him that is still only a rumor.

But, it got me to thinking.
What do we fans DESERVE to know about such things?
If anything?

So, l decided to just look at it as entertainment.
Say you were going to a concert.
The lead singer has been battling laryngitis.
The concert producers know this but don't divulge it.
You paid $300 for tix.
Concert sucked. Singers voice cracked and difficult to hear.
Did you have a right to know, in advance, you were getting an inferior product?

Or, say your wife takes you to New York to see a Broadway play opening. The lead character is her favorite actor. But, he's sick (which the producers have known for a while but have kept secret to sell more tickets) and you see an unknown understudy instead.
Your wife is pissed and angry they didn't let it be known in advance so that she could sell her tickets instead of going to see what she considered an inferior product.
Was she right?

So, let's just say you spent about $1,000 on tickets and lodging for a college football game to see your favorite team play...in say....Atlanta...

And, say your coach knows for weeks but waits, so as not to tip off his competition, until right before kickoff to announce that three of your teams key players and starters (including your favorite player) are suspended.
Are you rightfully angry at getting an "inferior" product to watch just as in the above concert and play examples?
i think it's a natural reaction to feel that way, but from a competitive standpoint, i wouldn't show my cards until i had to.

but it's still just rumors, and now with just over a week to go, i'm sure if there is anything to this, he and Currie are, have been, or will be discussing the course of action to be taken. and if Currie is ok with what they have/are/will be doing from a disciplinary standpoint, then it is what it is. if he's not, and forces his hand, expect to see one of those "breaking news" tickers to come across your TV some time in the next 10 days...if we make it thru Friday w/out such an announcement, then i'd say we're probably good to go......:eek:lol::eek:hmy:

^ You raise some thought-provoking questions. In my opinion, the team is still the team even when a backup plays in place of an injured starter. Purchasing the ticket is admission to watch the game no matter who is playing on the team as long as it is that team playing as the product. Therefore, it is not an inferior product because the team playing satisfies the terms of delivering the product in exchange for the cost of the ticket.

Knowing about an alleged injury or suspension at an earlier time won't help an injury heal any faster or accomplish anything positive for the team or the fans. The same could be said of knowing about an alleged suspension.

It's my opinion that anger won't accomplish anything worthwhile in those scenarios either.

I'm not convinced fans deserve to know about such things if divulging the inside info is considered a risk by coaching staff even if it would be nice to know.

What do you think?

I have mixed emotions about it.
I'd really LIKE to know.
But, I don't want our opposition to know either.
Now, if I'm a gambler, the prior knowledge is extremely important to me.
But, then, that discussion is a whole other kettle of jellyfish.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back