Omari Thomas is a Vol!

Coach did an amazing job last year..13 big eaters between offense and defense to shore up our lines. 2 monster 5* tackles already starting, Gray can be special at RB, Toot and Crouch can be 4 year starters at LB. AMAZING class that filled NEEDS.

This year is exactly the same. Hyatt ran a laser timed 4.31 at Nikes Opening. Fastest man there is our new WR. Thomas should contribute right away at DT alongside Simmons from last year. Big boys. Safeties and corners coming. Difference makers. We still have 7? Slots to fill. Will end up with a top 15 class...maybe closer to top 10 just depending on how many big fish we are in for that come our way.

This staff has a great ability to not only spot talent, but as our new 1st team all SEC safety Warrior will tell you...they can develop players. First coaches we have had in a long time that really develop players.

The future is bright. It will take time. A few more years before we compete for championships...but our Vols are on the way back to the top. GO VOLS. BEAT INDIANA

One Tate is not committed to us. Two. If he does great but it doesn't change that Omari can be a AA OL as well.

You are correct that Tate is a present GA commit and yes, I think he could make a great OL dog. I think DL is a bigger need (and the preferred position for big O), and if you check out Tate's thread starting last night, since AR took Pittman away, the word on the street is that Tate very well may end up flipping to us. If we strike out on our OL targets, we could convert big O to the OL if needed, but I think we will be OK on the OL and could use big O more on the DL. Just my opinion.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct that Tate is a present GA commit and yes, I think he could make a great OL dog. I think DL is a bigger need (and the preferred position for big O), and if you check out Tate's thread starting last night, since AR took Pittman away, the word on the street is that Tate very well may end up flipping to us. If we strike out on our OL targets, we could convert big O to the OL if needed, but I think we will be OK on the OL and could use big O more on the DL. Just my opinion.
He may very well stay and excel on DL and be AA but if the coaches believe he is a better OL and can be dominant they want care who they have recruited. Either way we a have an excellent football player and even better person representing Big Orange. Good conversation

Reactions: VetVol
Just stating the facts here on this class we badly need a RB and another receiver along with a TE
This! Pruitt has done a great job rebuilding the lines and now fortifying depth. But his recruiting has very much lacked big time game changers at the skill positions. This is where Tee should be shining but where are the WR and TE commits?

This! Pruitt has done a great job rebuilding the lines and now fortifying depth. But his recruiting has very much lacked big time game changers at the skill positions. This is where Tee should be shining but where are the WR and TE commits?
Kinda hard to reel in stud skill players and trench players in the same class. We were so far behind on both lines that the 1st couple classes had to be predominantly Oline and Dline. This was on top of the need for LB's becuase we were switching our defensive scheme. This class is mostly about our future qb (HB) and quality depth on defense.

Kinda hard to reel in stud skill players and trench players in the same class. We were so far behind on both lines that the 1st couple classes had to be predominantly Oline and Dline. This was on top of the need for LB's becuase we were switching our defensive scheme. This class is mostly about our future qb (HB) and quality depth on defense.
This will be his 3rd class. That’s roughly 70 plus players.

Second really. Don’t really count 1st. Most of staff didn’t arrive till way late or after ESD.
I’m aware. I just think people are oblivious to the fact that every team in college football turns their entire roster over every 4-5 years. So, this class should be pivotal as more than 2/3 of the roster will be kids he signed.

VN Store

Back