Ole Miss

Some are reporting Mike Norvell was offered about 5 million from Memphis to take over there.

they could do a lot worse...if he's hired, it could be tough to pull any from him and he will try like hell to lock down Memphis...so, maybe not so good for us...we'll see...

GO BIG ORANGE!

they could do a lot worse...if he's hired, it could be tough to pull any from him and he will try like hell to lock down Memphis...so, maybe not so good for us...we'll see...

GO BIG ORANGE!
I agree, I don’t know why Mike Norvell would want to leave Memphis, after he has already built Memphis up, and getting the recruits he wants.

Because it’s Memphis
Just look where Memphis is though. They are in a good position year in and year out with him. I know Memphis is Memphis, but I just think he needs to stay there and continue to build them into a powerhouse, while Pruitt is building us into one.

A lot of changes happening. It is looking more and more like Lane is going to Arkansas. Guess who our West team not named Bama is next year? Time to wreck the Lane train.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
A lot of changes happening. It is looking more and more like Lane is going to Arkansas. Guess who our West team not named Bama is next year? Time to wreck the Lane train.
Who told you Lane was going to AR? The Zone has been reporting they are going after Gus very hard. Don't know if he will leave AU now after Sat.

I think Kiffin is a good coach and is sly enough to con good recruits. Also has a good offensive mind. He may have a "good thing" going at FAU but you know hed jump at any chance to better his career at more prestigious school. In fact if he takes Arky job and a better school calls him after a year...he'll have zero hesitation leaving Arky in his dust and jump. That's how he is.

Reactions: Hank Bukowski
Ole Miss will definitely lose some players and recruits - happens to every school when they go through this type transition...our job as Vol supporters is to offer a good environment for their top players...

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I've never seen as many "bad firings" as I have this year. The pendulum has swung too far. This isn't the NFL. It takes 3-5 years for a new coach to build up a program. It can take even longer with sanctions.

Matt Luke has actually exceeded expectations as far as things go. He's a good coach. But he was always the sacrificial lamb for Ole Miss. No one (not even Saban) was going to succeed at Ole Miss the past few years.

The players are rightly pissed, b/c Luke didn't do anything wrong. He simply took over the program at a time when absolutely no one wanted that job.

All that said, I hope we can find some good players there looking to transfer. We certainly have needs at many positions.

I agree, I don’t know why Mike Norvell would want to leave Memphis, after he has already built Memphis up, and getting the recruits he wants.

I wouldn't leave memphis for ole miss with what he already has going on at memphis.

I wouldn't leave memphis for ole miss with what he already has going on at memphis.
No, I mean I think he is a good coach. Anytime you can take a program like Memphis, and win like he is doing is great for that Program. Those quarterbacks that has played for him has really developed, and especially Brady White, he has really came on in the last seven weeks.

VN Store

Back