Ole Miss vs Tennessee Game #2 Friday at 6:30 ET

giphy.gif

Good guys can still finish as high as 6th place in the conference. Finishing in the top half of the conference would be a milemarker for this program.

The top 4 seeds are locked in and will have byes to the round robin play. Vanderbilt, Georgia, Arkansas and Mississippi state. These 4 teams are locked in as regional hosts and are real contenders for national (top 8) seeds.

The comes LSU who is trying to earn a regional hosting assignment.
The Vols sit behind Missouri by the dreaded 0.5 games and behind Ole Miss by 2 games. Mizzou holds tiebreaker and have already lost a game at home to Florida who is behind the 8 ball when it comes to getting into regional play.

OVERALL SEEDS FOR SEC TOURNAMENT
1. Vanderbilt* 21-7
2. Arkansas* 20-8
3. Miss. State* 19-9

4. Georgia+ 19-9
5. LSU 16-12
6 Mississippi+ 15-13 2.0 @TENN (lost last night)
7. Texas A&M 14-13-1 1.5 vs. Ark (lost last night)
8. Missouri* 13-14-1 0.5 vs. Fla (lost last night)
9. Auburn* 13-15 0.0 @ LSU (lost last night)
10 Tennessee 13-15 -- vs OM (won last night)
11. Florida+ 11-17 2.0 @Mizzou (won last night)
12. Alabama 7-21 @UGA (lost last night)
13. So Carolina+ 7-21 @MSU (smitten like a Philistine last night 24-7)
14. Kentucky+ 7-21 vs.VU (lost last night)

+UT holds tiebreaker
* Holds tiebreaker over UT

Vols can finish as high as 6th and as low as 10th (where they now sit)

My prediction is the Vols still finish 8th. I can't see Mizzou losing twice to Gators and have to believe OM will win 1 of these games.

I don't think any of the bottom 3 teams win a game this weekend. Alabama would make tourney as 7-23 team.
I think Arkansas will sweep at Texas A&M
I think those top 3 teams may be the best top-3 teams ever produced by the conference.
The early season egg we laid at Auburn hurts the Vols tremendously now. Vols made up with it by taking 2 from Georgia but should have won the MO series and swept SC. The giveaway loss to FL happens sometimes.

I think 10 teams make the tourney right now. Florida may steal Auburn's spot but I don't so both getting in.

Good guys can still finish as high as 6th place in the conference. Finishing in the top half of the conference would be a milemarker for this program.

The top 4 seeds are locked in and will have byes to the round robin play. Vanderbilt, Georgia, Arkansas and Mississippi state. These 4 teams are locked in as regional hosts and are real contenders for national (top 8) seeds.

The Vols sit behind Missouri by the dreaded 0.5 games and behind Ole Miss by 2 games. Mizzou holds tiebreaker and have already lost a game at home to Florida who is behind the 8 ball when it comes to getting into regional play.

1. Vanderbilt* 21-7
2. Arkansas* 20-8
3. Miss. State* 19-9

4. Georgia+ 19-9
5. LSU 16-12

+UT holds tiebreaker

My prediction is the Vols still finish 8th. I can't see Mizzou losing twice to Gators and have to believe OM will win 1 of these games.

I don't think any of the bottom 3 teams win a game this weekend. Alabama would make tourney as 7-23 team.
I think those top 3 teams may be the best top-3 teams ever produced by the conference.
The early season egg we laid at Auburn hurts the Vols tremendously now. Vols made up with it by taking 2 from Georgia but should have won the MO series and swept SC. The giveaway loss to FL happens sometimes.

I think 10 teams make the tourney right now. Florida may steal Auburn's spot but I don't so both getting in.

If I’m looking at the tiebreakers right, I think UK takes the 12th spot if all 3 teams have the same record.

I generally only lurk here but I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the links and play by play for the BaseVols...u guys are great posters...cheering on the guys without tearing them or the coaches down...its tough for me following the football or bball threads

1. Vanderbilt* 21-7
2. Arkansas* 20-8
3. Miss. State* 19-9

4. Georgia+ 19-9
5. LSU 16-12

+UT holds tiebreaker

great work. thank you

Reactions: RollerVol
Alright!!! Let's get this game going. GBO!! Beat those Ole Miss black bears silly.
Garrett Crochet is the staring pitcher for the UT Vols.

Good ol' Tenn Baseball is here tonight..........Keystone cops are out there for UT.

Ole Miss has a 2-0 lead. Ole Miss was embarrassed some terrible last night. Don't want that again.

VN Store

Back