Ole Miss miraculously cured!

Speaking of Ole Miss, does anyone else think Eli was a little overrated? I guess I'm basing it more on his NFL career. Those 2 superbowls were due to the Giants defensive line. Eli was terrible for years until he retired.

Speaking of Ole Miss, does anyone else think Eli was a little overrated? I guess I'm basing it more on his NFL career. Those 2 superbowls were due to the Giants defensive line. Eli was terrible for years until he retired.
Beats me. I always thought he was about as successful as he was. Ole Miss was decent his senior year. Very few people are ever NFL quarterbacks, and he was superbowl MVP twice. That's pretty good.

I feel like the word "overrated" gets overused a bit. Nobody ever said, I don't think, that he was the greatest quarterback who ever lived, or even the best one in the NFL among his contemporaries. If you own an NFL team, you hire a guy and he wins a couple superbowls I think you're satisfied.

Reactions: volfeeva
Nah man. He's got two Lombardi trophies. He was the QB on those teams. I would say that's a pretty good career no matter who you want to give the credit to.

Nah man. He's got two Lombardi trophies. He was the QB on those teams. I would say that's a pretty good career no matter who you want to give the credit to.

So does Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco. They didn't get those victories due to Eli.

From what I remember of those superbowls, Eli managed the game and made some good throws.. But using your metric( others deserve the credit more) you could say that about a host of other QB's that yeah, they made some good throws, but give the credit to the receivers. It's hard to keep a core team of good players because after a superbowl many players jump ship for bucks elsewhere. I thought Eli was better than those who followed him as Giants QB

Eli was a really good college QB and a decent NFL QB. He wasn’t a great QB. Agreed on the SBs but he did what he needed to do to win and they did beat that undefeated Pats team.

Reactions: volfeeva
OGC.5debf46c4c6ccf3416cc50dec3684076
LOL

From what I remember of those superbowls, Eli managed the game and made some good throws.. But using your metric( others deserve the credit more) you could say that about a host of other QB's that yeah, they made some good throws, but give the credit to the receivers. It's hard to keep a core team of good players because after a superbowl many players jump ship for bucks elsewhere. I thought Eli was better than those who followed him as Giants QB

Both seasons the Giants barely made the playoffs after they limped through the regular seasons. They incredible defensive lines took over in the playoffs. Eli did make 1 or 2 throws that were important.

VN Store

Back