Ole miss football trolls Checker-Neyland-Game

H*ll, I'm not even playing, and this makes me want to beat them worse than I already think we are.

Looking for something in there to get offended by. Chess vs checkers is very mild and in one tweet CLK said UT should be a top 25 team. Lets just go win...nothing here to get too riled up about.

popcorn-popcorn-day.gif

Hate to say this, Otis, but we probably have more toothless fans than the blue bloods of Faulkner's hometown.
Perhaps you missed out on James Agee, Cormac McCarthy, and even Clarence Brown. With the Knoxville size advantage over Oxford, there are more toothless people for sure, but also more 'blue bloods' and millionaires and everything else.

Ole Miss football trolls Tennessee Vols over 'Checker Neyland' game
This has got to be where our players see this, and will be fired up for this game. The fans will surely be fired up. Between this and Lane taking a shot at us, that motivation for our players is a no brained. Let’s put them on the road, and let’s put them out of their misery.

Do they realize the checker pieces can be multi-dimensional and chess pieces have assigned movements...just saying

Last edited:
Reactions: volmoon
Perhaps you missed out on James Agee, Cormac McCarthy, and even Clarence Brown. With the Knoxville size advantage over Oxford, there are more toothless people for sure, but also more 'blue bloods' and millionaires and everything else.

Ain't nothing wrong with being toothless. Otherwise how you gonna get your juice out?

This seems to me like a version of Ole Miss saying "Archie Who?" Time to repay that game.

They can troll all they want to but if the UT fans come with passion the players will match that passion I’m quite damn sure of that !
We’re going to come with passion. The players are going to come out ready, and give them all they want.

Do they realize the checker pieces can be multi-dimensional and chess pieces have assigned movements...just saying
I love our multidimensional checker movements. Let them have their assigned movements, because I’m sure we have counter measures against their game plan assignments.

No one in Mississippi knows what chess is...

..unless its loaded with sugar and saturated fat.

You might be on to something, whoever designed this graphic doesn’t play chess. The rule is “queen on color” so the dark queen should be on the right and the king on the left. They’ve just taken a basic chessboard graphic that had white pieces (closest to the viewer) and recolored them with their school colors.

WHEN we win, our graphics department has a REALLY easy retort to this. A simple picture with a red/blue king knocked over on a chessboard and "checkmate" across the top.

Hate to say this, Otis, but we probably have more toothless fans than the blue bloods of Faulkner's hometown.

Nobody there ever mentions that EVERYBODY IN THAT TOWN HATED FAULKNER’S GUTS. Ok, maybe not Eudora Welty.

1. Walked around in a tweed suit, even in summer.

2. Spoke with an affected British accent.

3. Took everyone’s secrets and wrote about them in published works.

Great author, but let’s not let our Ole Mrs. brethren fool us into thinking that 1930s Oxford appreciated him.

Reactions: Jravol78

VN Store

Back