Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

Well you got two cupcakes, Texas at TBA, while not a cupcake should be a win, another cupcake, and then Stanford in Maples (tough, tough place on visiting teams). After that run we should all have a good idea how LV's stand in the national picture.

I'll bite.....lol

Seriously, your schedule comments are true. I like that the team has measuring sticks before the start of conference play to evaluate where they stand at the midpoint of the season. The Texas game, as you said, should be a win, especially since there will be a huge crowd and fan support.

The big game will be Stanford. Even some of the best Lady Vol teams had difficulty winning there. It'll be interesting to see how the young Lady Vols handle it!

They are good again this year, just very shallow, only 6 play more than 10 min a game most nights. If they stay healthy, they will be in the final 4 again.

Though not exactly correct on all the specifics, there is some truth there if you want to further explore the topic. It’s not a pleasant subject for any involved.
Bottom line, Geno is a great coach but a horrible human being. That’s all I will publicly say on the subject. Go Lady Vols!
Geno gave Pat a $10,000 check for her foundation when she established it! What did you do? After Tennessee stopped playing Uconn he agreed to start playing this year with the part of the proceeds going to Pats Foundation! Good thing he is a horrible human being!

Geno is a competitor. He has his moments where he presents the ass side of him. But they are rare and if they weren't he wouldn't have the players he has.

Reactions: PG1
You would be a fool to publicly call it out without verifying the facts. Which is what Geno did...

The fact he submitted hundreds of pages supposedly proving this and was STILL denied a waiver makes one wonder...exactly what Geno did to Andra Espinoza Hunter that allowed her to get her waiver approved 🤔.

People who live in glass houses really shouldn't be throwing stones. Any guess on which of his players is the next to transfer?
I guess it didn't work out for Pat and the SEC either when they filed the complaint against Uconn! Maya went to ESPN for a tour arranged by CT. A free tour that meens no money! The Lady Vols should go on the tour when they are here. They would enjoy it and maybe I can meet Kellie and her team since it is a 5 minute walk there.

Geno gave Pat a $10,000 check for her foundation when she established it! What did you do? After Tennessee stopped playing Uconn he agreed to start playing this year with the part of the proceeds going to Pats Foundation! Good thing he is a horrible human being!
Guilt money.
What he did to Pat and UT couldn’t be measured in dollars.
But worship him all you want.

Guilt money.
What he did to Pat and UT couldn’t be measured in dollars.
But worship him all you want.
The 100s of pages Pat and Tennessee handed the NCAA and nothing happened because there were no violations. Geno can stick up for himself. I just stated facts and dont worship anyone in sports! It is time to let it go and let us hopefully enjoy the greatest rivalry in WCBB and at one time the 2nd best rivalry in CBB only behind Duke and North Carolina Men according to ESPN!

The 100s of pages Pat and Tennessee handed the NCAA and nothing happened because there were no violations. Geno can stick up for himself. I just stated facts and dont worship anyone in sports! It is time to let it go and let us hopefully enjoy the greatest rivalry in WCBB and at one time the 2nd best rivalry in CBB only behind Duke and North Carolina Men according to ESPN!

Just because there were no violations reported doesn't mean that violations didn't occur. (We're not that dumb down here!) Obviously Pat felt ethically violated to have canceled a rivalry that she was controlling at the time (and was a lock to win a fourth consecutive game in the series). Pat held her players accountable as well as herself. When the governing body didn't do its job, she imposed her own sanctions on "the greatest rivalry in WCBB and at one time the 2nd best rivalry in CBB only behind Duke and North Carolina Men according to ESPN!" Ya' think? And she got her message out loudly and clearly. In fact, no championships, no broken records, no rivalries since have eclipsed P-Day! Additionally, you are trolling the rival's messageboard and still bringing it up.

If you don't get anything else, get this: Pat won!

Now you can let it go.

Just because there were no violations reported doesn't mean that violations didn't occur. (We're not that dumb down here!) Obviously Pat felt ethically violated to have canceled a rivalry that she was controlling at the time (and was a lock to win a fourth consecutive game in the series). Pat held her players accountable as well as herself. When the governing body didn't do its job, she imposed her own sanctions on "the greatest rivalry in WCBB and at one time the 2nd best rivalry in CBB only behind Duke and North Carolina Men according to ESPN!" Ya' think? And she got her message out loudly and clearly. In fact, no championships, no broken records, no rivalries since have eclipsed P-Day! Additionally, you are trolling the rival's messageboard and still bringing it up.

If you don't get anything else, get this: Pat won!

Now you can let it go.
If i was troll i would not be responding back to you. Pat not playing Uconn again was the wrong thing to do. I follow CBB and over the years seeing the coaches from both teams act like this puts a stain on thier programs and legacies! The only thing that matters to me is the teams renewed the rivalry. I hope CKH brings the team back to the level Pat had it at!

I do have opinions on what happened back then but I keep them to my self.
As far as calling me a troll. I know when Tennessee fans post on the BY I dont call them names if I disagree with them. I dont call them trolls because there is no reason to! That is called being a grownup! Try it sometime because you may like it!

Trolls come and go with the label being very subjective..CPS will ALWAYS have her defenders as it should be..Being a defender of CGA on THIS board kinda does make you a troll candidate, and makes little sense when using ANY comparison with CPS..I have my opinions on both, as do most WCBB fans..But I can tell you IMHO CGA owes a HUGE debt to CPS and so many others in WCBB that he simply refuses to acknowledge..Which is fine..But to castigate CPS for her part in the feud while refusing to acknowledge what UCONN and CGA contributed is assinine..TIFWIW.....

Trolls come and go with the label being very subjective..CPS will ALWAYS have her defenders as it should be..Being a defender of CGA on THIS board kinda does make you a troll candidate, and makes little sense when using ANY comparison with CPS..I have my opinions on both, as do most WCBB fans..But I can tell you IMHO CGA owes a HUGE debt to CPS and so many others in WCBB that he simply refuses to acknowledge..Which is fine..But to castigate CPS for her part in the feud while refusing to acknowledge what UCONN and CGA contributed is assinine..TIFWIW.....
Every true UConn fan acknowledges the great favor CPS did UConn on MLK day in 1995. No team in the ACC would come to Storrs to play UConn. ESPN asked Pat to help them out. Her reply we will play anyone, anywhere. That game validated the UConn program and helped kick start the program. Robin Roberts is on record as saying she had never been to an event that was that electric and loud. That is the moment WBB took off because at the end of the game there was a rivalry that had meaning to the casual fan. On the boneyard there is nothing but respect for CPS. And yes, every true UConn fan wants to kick your behind as much as you want to kick ours and that is what makes UConn - LV basketball great. I can't wait until CKJH undoes some of the bad coaching and gets your program where it deserves to be.

If i was troll i would not be responding back to you. Pat not playing Uconn again was the wrong thing to do. I follow CBB and over the years seeing the coaches from both teams act like this puts a stain on thier programs and legacies! The only thing that matters to me is the teams renewed the rivalry. I hope CKH brings the team back to the level Pat had it at!

I do have opinions on what happened back then but I keep them to my self.
As far as calling me a troll. I know when Tennessee fans post on the BY I dont call them names if I disagree with them. I dont call them trolls because there is no reason to! That is called being a grownup! Try it sometime because you may like it!

Dube
I know you love your team and your coach and WCBB.
Many here know the complete story of why Pat cancelled the series.
It had nothing to do with the series.
Pat knew the series was good for the game.
Geno crossed a line.
I’m sure you probably know that line . But no decent person on an anonymous message board would or should go there. There are many threads about this from years ago that you can access on this message board and others.
I suggest, if you really want to get into the muck of all of this, go to some longtime female
UCONN faculty and staff members who were outraged with Geno.
some of them apologized to Pat and told Geno to knock that kind of thing off or he would be fired.
Nobody here thinks Geno is anything but outstanding as far as coaching goes.
But we here love Pat. We want to preserve her legacy. We know what happened.
I think Geno now regrets it.i saw him change and soften some after Pats diagnosis .
I think that’s why Holly agreed to renew the series.
I’ve heard (unconfirmed) that Geno even apologized to Holly, Tyler, and a few others.You won’t get me or anyone else here to talk about the specifics.
It was a very sad chapter in women’s basketball and it hurt a lot of really good people like Pat and others that those of us in Vol Nation love.
I won’t respond again on this subject. Doing so would help no one or change any minds.

But it’s over now. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday season and please keep supporting the great game of WCBB . Namaste.

VN Store

Back