Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

Geno is Geno. I never met anyone that I can defend 100%. He's from Philly. And Kellie is on the verge of rejuvenating the program and I am glad.

Yeah, I caught the Tennessee State game. Biggest thing I saw that needs immediate work is that blonde freshman girl needs to go through free throw class. Overall though, they played well. They look competitive for the most part. Against better competition, they may have some troubles, but I can see potential for now.

what Geno did to Andra Espinoza Hunter that allowed her to get her waiver approved 🤔.
To get her waiver approved he checked the box that said the transferring school thinks the player should be allowed to play. And the two of them battled frequently but Geno did not hold a grudge and wished her well. That's why he can't understand UT not approving Evina to play. He feels no one should stand in the way of the player playing. All fans heard HCPF whine when UT didn't get a waiver because the transferring school wouldn't check the allow to play box. When that happened we at UConn thought he would see how harmful it is to the future of the athlete and expected him to be a nice guy. But when UT was asked their response was, 'We've moved on." And that's why Geno is mad at UT.

And Yes I'm a UConn fan. But it is time to get over all the personal stuff and get back to basketball.

To get her waiver approved he checked the box that said the transferring school thinks the player should be allowed to play. And the two of them battled frequently but Geno did not hold a grudge and wished her well. That's why he can't understand UT not approving Evina to play. He feels no one should stand in the way of the player playing. All fans heard HCPF whine when UT didn't get a waiver because the transferring school wouldn't check the allow to play box. When that happened we at UConn thought he would see how harmful it is to the future of the athlete and expected him to be a nice guy. But when UT was asked their response was, 'We've moved on." And that's why Geno is mad at UT.

And Yes I'm a UConn fan. But it is time to get over all the personal stuff and get back to basketball.

He “checked the box” all right; after his comments about her she had a free and immediate pass anywhere.😂😂😂. One might even call it a toxic environment the kid was trying to leave.

“WBB: Talking yesterday about his freshman class, UConn coach Geno Auriemma with some blunt comments on why Andra Espinoza-Hunter is transferring (starts ~11:00 mark of video) https://youtu.be/fsrHXkz5cOc?t=11m …

Under normal circumstances, a player has to sit out two semesters once they have enrolled at a new school. Espinoza-Hunter enrolled at Mississippi State this summer, meaning that without the waiver, she would not have been eligible until the 2019-20 season. With the comments made by Auriemma that seem to suggest that Espinoza-Hunter was asked to leave, the door opened up for her to be granted immediate eligibility.”

Hint: To succeed as a troll you really need to do better.

He “checked the box” all right; after his comments about her she had a free and immediate pass anywhere.😂😂😂. One might even call it a toxic environment the kid was trying to leave.

“WBB: Talking yesterday about his freshman class, UConn coach Geno Auriemma with some blunt comments on why Andra Espinoza-Hunter is transferring (starts ~11:00 mark of video) https://youtu.be/fsrHXkz5cOc?t=11m …

Under normal circumstances, a player has to sit out two semesters once they have enrolled at a new school. Espinoza-Hunter enrolled at Mississippi State this summer, meaning that without the waiver, she would not have been eligible until the 2019-20 season. With the comments made by Auriemma that seem to suggest that Espinoza-Hunter was asked to leave, the door opened up for her to be granted immediate eligibility.”

Hint: To succeed as a troll you really need to do better.

Hint: Check my posts here before you think I am a troll and then substantiate your claim. I am not shy about saying I am a UConn fan. I have explained that my name on this site is because of my belief that WBB needs a strong Lady Vol Program. I am very much in support of CKJH and think she is a brilliant selection. I am on record as stating that I doubt of a UConn victory if our two teams met right now. I understand that there are two sides to any disagreement and I feel it incumbent upon me to share some of the facts regarding the Evina situation from a UConn point of view.

Just commenting. Thank you for validating my post. Didn't I say Geno and AEH battled. She wouldn't do what the coach wanted her to do. She gave him a hard time. But he checked the box to allow her to play right away. He did not hold a grudge against the player even though she caused difficulties. So thanks for validating my "troll".

Also please note that Geno did not avoid answering a direct question about his player. He doesn't shy away from controversy and neither do I.

Reactions: mcannon1
Another take is that Geno's first priority is to stand up for his player. Obviously she feels as if UT hurt her some way or she would still be here and he is giving voice to her feelings. She is in a very emotionally charged situation and he is reflecting her attitudes. His job is to get her to calm down, heal up and get ready for next year.
There is no earthly reason for another coach to castigate another program. If he is only taking the word of the player, he needs some evidence before opening his mouth. This is the same coach who bad mouth Duke's program when Stevens transferred to UCONN. This is the same man who bad mouth one of his player, Espinoza-Hunter, who transferred to Mississippi State. Geno is an AHOLE.

I hate Geno and UConn, but bottom line is he’ll stomp a mud hole in UT and step it dry. He’ll intentionally make it as ugly as possible. Despite being a colossal douche, he’s the best coach that’s ever been in the women’s game.
if that’s the “dirt” on him then big deal.
I hate the dirt bag too,but he signs the no. 1 player every year.I am sure I could be a pretty good coach with the players he has had the last 20 years. (Buellars) I believe is the #1 this year and yes she is going to UCONN. I'm surprised he doesn't win the NCAA every year,but there are some coaches out there who can actually take less rated players and beat his a##.He will probably beat Kelly this year but it doesn't prove he is the best coach in America,just the top recruiter! JMO

Checking a box to allow them to play is not how it works. Her not getting approved to play isn't because UT wouldn't "approve" it as you say.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Checking a box to allow them to play is not how it works. Her not getting approved to play isn't because UT wouldn't "approve" it as you say.
Lady Vols look real good. I think they're much better than most of us expected. LV v UConn! it's gonna be rockin! Next test should be Texas and I really hope you can pull that one off.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
quit kissing up... lol

Well you got two cupcakes, Texas at TBA, while not a cupcake should be a win, another cupcake, and then Stanford in Maples (tough, tough place on visiting teams). After that run we should all have a good idea how LV's stand in the national picture.

VN Store

Back