OL Dayne Davis awarded scholarship

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
“I got a call this morning out the blue and it was Coach Pruitt letting me know he was going to give me a scholarship,” said Davis. “It is just so surreal and hard to believe,” added Davis. ‘It’s a dream come true just like it was when I signed.”

MORE

SO from Bluff City, TN. 6'7 - 315. Signed as a PWO in 2019.

Dayne Davis - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics

Like being awarded a sailing badge by the Captain of the Titanic. In all seriousness, congratulations to the kid!!!
Comments like yours are one of the things I detest. If you are going to compliment, go ahead. Leave the rest of the BS out of the post. Award hard work by a VFL, don't be a jerk in doing it. Your post is like being awarded valedictorian in a class of one.

Comments like yours are one of the things I detest. If you are going to compliment, go ahead. Leave the rest of the BS out of the post. Award hard work by a VFL, don't be a jerk in doing it. Your post is like being awarded valedictorian in a class of one.

I’ve been looking for a “real” fan to help me figure something out. Are players that transfer out still VFLs? What about coaches? Was Fulmer still a VFL after he got fired or did it go away while he was gone and come back when he was named AD? Was Jennings still a VFL when he got kicked off the team by an interim coach who was about to get fired?

His height and weight should excite any proficient Offensive Line coach. I hope he/we have one soon.

giphy.gif

Well said. People like him can't stand to see others succeed because they never did.

I’ve been looking for a “real” fan to help me figure something out. Are players that transfer out still VFLs? What about coaches? Was Fulmer still a VFL after he got fired or did it go away while he was gone and come back when he was named AD? Was Jennings still a VFL when he got kicked off the team by an interim coach who was about to get fired?
And now for the stupid post of the day!

I look at it like this.

Jalen Hurd
I thought he was a quitter. He looked like a quitter.
But, ...I thought about jobs I have had and abusive/neglectful bosses that were hurting us all. I have walked away from jobs like that. He did that when he walked away from Butch Jones. I see now he walked away from that man, not UT. He sacrificed his body. He took a pounding. He earned his orange.
He clashed with a coach, and had support and the means to take his talent elsewhere. He thought he could contribute better in another role. He was right. Coach was wrong.
Jalen Hurd is a VFL in my book. And it is hard to argue with his results. We are damned lucky Kamara did not do the same.

Don't get me wrong. There are quitters and there are young men who light a match and try to start a fire on their way out the door. I have no qualms turning my back on them.

If they take themselves elsewhere with class: VFL.
JG = VFL , for example.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

You can call me a real fan or not. I am bound to the University by family history. John Barnhill was my Great Uncle (His grandchildren and their part of the family is, of course, of the Sooey Pig variety, but I understand that). I will always wear my orange. I did give up my season tickets after Butch's last season. So, I have standards. My loyalty is to UTK, my blood is orange. I might buy season tickets again when the University is more aligned to my beliefs, but I consider myself a real fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I have been a real fan since before I started UT in 1981. I root for the team. When a player betrays the team and leaves for any reason, they have quit on the team. Surely even you have enough functioning brain cells to realize that any college team is transitory. You have members of the team that are there for 5-6 years at the absolute maximum. It is very unlikely that you could join an organization with no true glory other than being part of it and then work your way to the equivalent of partner in the firm. Either support the team at any given time, or take your miniscule attention span elsewhere.

VN Store

Back