OL Coach

Kyle Flood - About to be Sark's OC at Texas. Not getting him.
Robbie Caldwell - Already OL caoch at Clemson. Not getting him.
Joe Rudolph - Already OC at Wisconsin. Dream on.
Jeff Quinn - Already OL coach at Notre Dame. Not getting him.

I want to live in the fantasy land you live in if you think ANY of these guys are attainable by UT in the situation we are in, no matter who the head coach is.
What about Herb Hand?

Has coached at Texas, Auburn and Penn State. Decent recruiter, pretty good coach and is available. We could do a lot worse.
I confuse him with Harry Hiestand. Which seems to fit the narrative of hiring old blood along with Steele and Dan Brooks' boy.

Kyle Flood - About to be Sark's OC at Texas. Not getting him.
Robbie Caldwell - Already OL caoch at Clemson. Not getting him.
Joe Rudolph - Already OC at Wisconsin. Dream on.
Jeff Quinn - Already OL coach at Notre Dame. Not getting him.

I want to live in the fantasy land you live in if you think ANY of these guys are attainable by UT in the situation we are in, no matter who the head coach is.

What’s wrong with offering any of them what we were paying Friend?

Steele has been regarded as one of the best defensive coaches in the SEC for over a decade. You don't land on Bobby Bowden's staff at FSU, Nick Saban's staff at Bama twice, Dabo Swinney's staff at Clemson, Les Miles' staff at LSU, and Gus Malzahn's staff at Auburn unless you are a damn good coach.
Still a friend. You complained about that if I read your post correctly. Auburn must not of thought much of his talent. They decided to let him go.

Pruitt is still improving as a HC. We’ve known all along that he’d have a learning curve. Hiring the best men for the job instead of his friends was a costly lesson to learn, but it appears he’s learned it. This is good.
I have heard him and Steele are besties.

Still a friend. You complained about that if I read your post correctly. Auburn must not of thought much of his talent. They decided to let him go.
My post was about Will Friend getting the job because he was Pruitt’s friend not because he earned it. Friends or not Steele has earned it.

Your Auburn comment seems like a troll post. They almost named him their HC.

My post was about Will Friend getting the job because he was Pruitt’s friend not because he earned it. Friends or not Steele has earned it.

Your Auburn comment seems like a troll post. They almost named him their HC.
No, they apparently didn’t think enough of his value as a DC to keep on staff.

Oh I see. That’s on Harsin. Guess we’ll see how it works out. I thought he did very well there but what do I know?
I just don’t like him as a hire here as a coordinator, position coach or even a interim or permanent head coach. The reason is I want us to make a good/great hire of a HC who has full freedom in hiring his own staff. I’m sure Steele is a good defensive coach.

Hiestand is available and worked with Chaney here 2010-2011.
The 2011 OL was bad. They were still kind of young but the growth from Hiestand to Pittman was about as drastic a change as I've ever seen a position group go through. Maybe Hiestand has learned since, but that hire wouldn't be much better than Friend, IMO.

I just don’t like him as a hire here as a coordinator, position coach or even a interim or permanent head coach. The reason is I want us to make a good/great hire of a HC who has full freedom in hiring his own staff. I’m sure Steele is a good defensive coach.
Nothing wrong with having that opinion. I feel similar. Guess I’m just hoping that Fulmer “okayed” the hire with his prospective candidate, who I hope is Freeze but it’s more likely to be Marrone... I’m probably being naive tho.

Well, I want to sprout huge wings and be able to ride the thermals over the mountains.

But I’ll most likely have to be content for now with schlepping along the trails, while awaiting that strange itching sensation between my shoulder blades.

anybody else from the wisconsin OL factory?
seems like badgers have always known how to develop monster lines

VN Store

Back