Oklahoma

OU has probably benefitted more from this year's transfer portal than any other program. Not only did 3 Vol players transfer in but Arkansas' top WR and a young Penn State QB from LV Bishop Gorman. Having said that, the Sooners were ranked in the top 4 going into 2021 before these transfers happened. OU returns around 16 starters plus gets back 3 former starters from injury or Covid opt-out. Now, the 10 freshmen who enrolled early have really shown out in spring practice. OU is loaded and should compete for the NC.
Meh.

We'll see...

What makes this OU squad different is the D. Now in the 3rd year of the Grinch rebuild and after 3 stellar D recruiting years, the Sooner D is absolutely legit. Yes, we shall see.
OU will go 11-1 in the regular season then we all know what happens in the playoffs

OU will go 11-1 in the regular season then we all know what happens in the playoffs
We shall see but your post begs the question...what does a Vol fan know about the playoffs? Seriously, this is the best overall team OU has had since 2008. Whether we finally get over the hump and win at least one playoff game is certainly a big question mark but I like our chances.

We shall see but your post begs the question...what does a Vol fan know about the playoffs? Seriously, this is the best overall team OU has had since 2008. Whether we finally get over the hump and win at least one playoff game is certainly a big question mark but I like our chances.
Why don't you go find a Oklahoma message board to pat yourself on the back on?

154D551F-6988-469C-819A-C95CD3D9729C.gif

Why don't you go find a Oklahoma message board to pat yourself on the back on?

View attachment 365044
Ya know, I came on this board back during our home/home and have had numerous quality discussions with Vol fans. I came back recently because of Heupel's hiring. I am sorry if my comments are offensive but if the subject is Josh, or Mike Leach, or the "air raid" I can only draw on my OU experience. It could be worse...I could go on about how L.R. & Demarco Murray are going to turn Eric Gray loose in an explosive O that will truly showcase his talents.

What makes this OU squad different is the D. Now in the 3rd year of the Grinch rebuild and after 3 stellar D recruiting years, the Sooner D is absolutely legit. Yes, we shall see.
Ya, I’ll need some evidence before I believe that. OU’s defense has been absolutely ran through every year they make the playoffs. UGA ran for 10 YPC and somehow rushed their way back from down 17. LSU scored on 9 of 11 possessions with the 11th being a much needed mercy knee. Bama nearly dropped a 50 burger on OU as well.

OU will have the same problem this year, they will be stacked with talent but since they won't play anybody until the playoffs - their first punch in the mouth - their season will look like a 4th of July sparkler.

Ya know, I came on this board back during our home/home and have had numerous quality discussions with Vol fans. I came back recently because of Heupel's hiring. I am sorry if my comments are offensive but if the subject is Josh, or Mike Leach, or the "air raid" I can only draw on my OU experience. It could be worse...I could go on about how L.R. & Demarco Murray are going to turn Eric Gray loose in an explosive O that will truly showcase his talents.

Being a lifelong TN fan, I didn’t like how OU swept in and took three transfers that will probably be the subject of the NCAA investigation. However, if OU is planning on them being eligible that bodes well for TN. I’m sure OU did their homework on this.

OU was always a favorite team of mine growing up. A second cousin played WR for Switzer and caught the winning TD to win the National title in the Orange Bowl.

We are making moves of our own...we have already gotten a 4 star DT and one of the top kickers in the country from USC...just need to raid them once more for a LB and we will have done to them what OK did to us

How's Key Lawrence doing in the secondary?

VN Store

Back