Oklahoma State's Money Train Headed To Billy G

Reegan

People who are locked in on the possibility of Bill Self filling the vacancy at Oklahoma State are missing the boat. Self is not going anywhere, partly because he has an athletic director in Lew Perkins who will give him a sufficient raise to make sure he stays. The guy Oklahoma State is targeting first and foremost is Billy Gillispie. I'm hearing that the school, backed by billionaire oilman Boone Pickens, an OSU alum, is preparing an offer to pay Gillispie $3.5 million per year. I still think there's a better chance than not that Gillispie will remain at Kentucky, but with that kind of scratch on the table Gillispie would be crazy not to listen.​

Big Oil, Oklahoma State targeting Billy Gillispie - The Dagger - NCAA Hoops - Yahoo! Sports

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that if UK struggles in their non conference games like last season and doesnt go 12-4 in the SEC that Billy Goat will be fired.

It would take two more seasons not winning the sec at least.

UK never has and never will fire a men's basketball coach.

Including Tubby Smith. Those who say different are the delusional ones.

It's pretty short-sighted for a fan to say a University will "never" fire a basketball coach.

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth." --
Adolf Hitler

VN Store

Back