Oklahoma seeking a bye before Tennessee

The only way I support this is if we replace OU with Ohio State. We clearly need a tougher out-of-conference schedule. 🙄

LOL, another fear monger.

You are so very wrong, but this is not the common cold, Fact is some people die for this virus, people that would still be living. No worse than the flu? stupid argument, it is in addition to influenza not instead of. I will wear a mask in public and avoid those who don't, I will continue to use hand sanitizer if you or others don't want to, that's on you. Have a few tide pods at lunch if you want, I just don't care. If it was my call everyone would wear a mask, I truly believe this would lead to a huge decline in infections, but I know, it infringes on your constitutional rights, kind of like wearing a seat belt.
As for a college football season, it's not my call, I hope we have one but if any student athlete has concerns he should suffer no loss for not playing. But BBV, go on with your B.S.

royalty-free-chicken-clipart-illustration-1234658.jpg

Little effect? you mean on those other than the ones who die or suffer permanent lung damage?

One more time, this is a virus same family roughly as the common cold. Last I checked there was no cure for the common cold, you only treat the symptoms. Short of a vaccine (which everyone will not willingly take), the virus is going to run its course, it will take some time for the gen pop to reach the 60-65% threshold for herd immunity, but again it’s a virus. CDC just came out with metric showing .65% of the folks that get it perish (I believe the flu is around 1%.) If you are susceptible or do not want to participate due to the virus then don’t. We can’t live in fear although many do, that’s their prerogative but don’t just cancel the season as there are plenty of folks that are out and about working or protesting every day, so let those who want to participate do exactly that. Now don’t throw out common sense either, masks and fewer fans in the stands, hand washing, temp checking, etc. should all go on as well. Natural selection is easily forgotten about with advancements in medicine, but it still holds true, and will always do so until the world is put back in order as it was created.

CDC just came out with metric showing .65% of the folks that get it perish (I believe the flu is around 1%.)

Per CDC, 2 flu deaths for every 100,000 cases, so .002%. This makes COVID many, many times deadlier. You couldn’t find anyone less political than me: a moderate who thinks both sides are full of it. But facts are facts.

Per CDC, 2 flu deaths for every 100,000 cases, so .002%. This makes COVID many, many times deadlier. You couldn’t find anyone less political than me: a moderate who thinks both sides are full of it. But facts are facts.

Apologies on the numbers, I stand corrected. Still think we should have football though, and I’m not being political. I don’t mix politics with sports and don’t care for it.

OK had enough of the SEC in that beatdown that LSU gave them in the semi-final game.

I can live with the canceling of non-conference games IF it is done for the right reasons. To me, the right reason would be saying hey, the more games our athletes are exposed in, it exponentially increases their odds of getting infected. We could get rid of one third of their exposure by canceling non conference games and still have a meaningful season that everyone should be thankful for, and we can still have a conference champion. The wrong reason would be saying hey, some of these other conferences have moved to conference only schedules. If we don’t do the same thing, people will think we don’t care about our student athletes. Unfortunately I think the SEC will cancel non-conference games soon, and I think it will be more for appearances than any valid reason. And if I were a betting man, I’d say it all gets canceled some time in mid august anyway.

Don't know, yesterday on local news there
was talk about just playing conference games. That would knock 4 games off
the season.

The B1G and PAC are going conference only. I can see the possibility of the Big 12-2 following suit. The SEC and ACC may agree to a few geographically convenient match-ups to flesh out their otherwise in-conference slates.

You are so very wrong, but this is not the common cold, Fact is some people die for this virus, people that would still be living. No worse than the flu? stupid argument, it is in addition to influenza not instead of. I will wear a mask in public and avoid those who don't, I will continue to use hand sanitizer if you or others don't want to, that's on you. Have a few tide pods at lunch if you want, I just don't care. If it was my call everyone would wear a mask, I truly believe this would lead to a huge decline in infections, but I know, it infringes on your constitutional rights, kind of like wearing a seat belt.
As for a college football season, it's not my call, I hope we have one but if any student athlete has concerns he should suffer no loss for not playing. But BBV, go on with your B.S.

You’re ignorant on this subject and it’s glaring. Go ahead and ignore the numbers. Go ahead and listen to all the dire predictions even though they aren’t even close. Who brought up the flu? Oh you did. Yep the mortality rate is now approaching flu levels. You can believe what you want but don’t pretend it’s about others’ well being. It’s your cowardice that makes you compliant not your nobility.

JG is no Joe Burrows.

No, but he is a fifth-year senior, with two years+ worth of starts, playing behind an OL of 5*s, along with a couple of stud RBs, and two upper-class WR who have flashed along with a transfer WR who has some serious potential. That's not to mention the support of a D that i fully expect to keep opposing offenses in check.

No, but he is a fifth-year senior, with two years+ worth of starts, playing behind an OL of 5*s, along with a couple of stud RBs, and two upper-class WR who have flashed along with a transfer WR who has some serious potential. That's not to mention the support of a D that i fully expect to keep opposing offenses in check.

With the talent at WR last year, he was terrible. Experience doesn’t mean anything if his experience is being terrible with no improvements. No one cares who is at QB as long as it leads to wins.

The petitioning to get the first game moved up is to secure time...time to ensure that the squad is completely healthy before conference games start. If approved it will give us 2 open dates before our first conference game. The OU Athletic dept. assumes there will be positive cases going forward. We've had 14 so far. Depth is critical so everyday a positively tested player has to recover is a positive for the depth needed to go through the conference schedule. You can kid yourselves into thinking this move has anything to do with Tennessee. It's all about time to heal so we can complete the season.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The B1G and PAC are going conference only. I can see the possibility of the Big 12-2 following suit. The SEC and ACC may agree to a few geographically convenient match-ups to flesh out their otherwise in-conference slates.
Thanks Tin Man

We lost our best LB and best pass rusher from a team that gave up:
FL 34 points
GA 43 points
AL 35 points
GAST 38 points
BYU 29 points
That is not keeping offenses in check.
JG could play 5 more years and still not be a SEC quarterback.
Star ratings are for high school players and Georgia fans.
Stats against cupcakes mean nothing.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back