Oklahoma Opens As 7 Point Favorite

Oklahoma had pretty high offensive stats this past season, their lowest points scored being 28 against TCU and LSU but most of their other games were against mediocre to poor defenses, and they have to replace a number of their offensive skill players. Their scoring defense ranked 64th, not overly inspiring, near middle of all teams. We lose some good defensive players, but appear to have potentially good replacements. With JG finally having the same OC and QB coach for the first time in his career, I do think he will be improved, although probably still not a superstar. I think the apparent loss of spring training may hurt them a little more than us, but will still be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully we can overcome their home advantage and I think we have a very good chance to take this game. GBO.

Well If I recall correctly, He threw a lot of 50/50 jump balls, and OUR GUYS Caught them. I remember more than once yelling "Did he Catch THAT?" We shall see.
I don't get where folks continue to say that. Go back and watch the film, those so called 50/50 balls that game were really executed well and placed where only our guys could get it. He made several bigtime throws that game. His resume is growing, he's had really good games the last two years vs Auburn, Kentucky twice, USCjrs, Miss St, Mizz and a come from behind bowl win. If he can somehow manage similar performances vs Oklahoma and Florida early next year we could be in for a great season. That's a big if but I like the results should it come true.

You can bet Gus will sleep walk at least twice a year to teams he shouldn’t and when his heads on the chopping block he’ll beat Saban to get off the block.
So your position is that JG only had a great game because Gus was sleep walking? That's a weak view in my opinion.

They treated Tennessee like Tennessee treated GSU, and BYU. They paid for it just like we did
Once again, just so I'm clear, you believe that the only time JG performs well is because the other team plays bad and once again I think that is a weak take.

Where do y'all think Tennessee will be ranked if they are 3-0 going into the Florida game? I think Tennessee will be ranked somewhere between #10 and #15 if they're 3-0 going into the game in Knoxville with Florida.

Once again, just so I'm clear, you believe that the only time JG performs well is because the other team plays bad and once again I think that is a weak take.

Let me try to get this point across. JG cannot throw a consistent deep ball. At all. 90% of his throws over 30 yards look like a punt, with an inevitable jump ball battle at the end. I am aware he has thrown a couple in his career that actually were on target and lead the receiver, but by and large our guy might as well call for a fair catch.

He usually overthrows his sideline patterns.

His dump passes arrive at 612mph.

His intermediate over the middle ball is good. Excellent, actually. That is his one good consistent pass.

He is tough. He seems like a good kid from a character standpoint. He always wants to win. I consider him a VFL. But your continued arguments that he is a top tier SEC QB are laughable.

Let me try to get this point across. JG cannot throw a consistent deep ball. At all. 90% of his throws over 30 yards look like a punt, with an inevitable jump ball battle at the end. I am aware he has thrown a couple in his career that actually were on target and lead the receiver, but by and large our guy might as well call for a fair catch.

His intermediate over the middle ball is good. Excellent, actually. That is his one good consistent pass.

He is tough. He seems like a good kid from a character standpoint. He always wants to win. I consider him a VFL. But your continued arguments that he is a top tier SEC QB are laughable.
Very good description of JG IMHO.

What is it you don't like about yourself that causes you to make jokes about overweight people? Hope you feel better.
\

Joke? I wasn't joking. I'm actually pretty happy being me; 6' 170 ; and although I'm Older now, I can still motor better than most of you whippersnappers. Facts are facts.

I’m starting to get a really bad feeling about this thing. People aren’t taking it seriously. And we’re voting today in Illinois. Stupid.

I Know. I went to Sams today with my P95 mask on, and kids were giggling and "adults" smirking. It's all a big joke to most people in South Alabama. They aren't tuned to the news; or they would have seen what a disaster ITALY is; most of Europe, and they had the same attitude 3 weeks ago. Now, they don't have enough rooms for all the sick, so they are having to LET People die. Rationing care; and giving the sickest patients last rites. With everything shutting down; why can't these people get it? MORONS.

Seem perhaps a bit low. With JG, early in the season, breaking in a new receiver corps, against a good team, I'd say we are limited to 14-17 points. Not sure that's enough to win, and in fact I would have expected the line to be closer to 10.

Flame away if you will, but JG limits us. Regardless of whether he is the 'best' option, with him at QB, we don't have a complete set of options on offense.

It is what it is.
14-17 is laughable. More like 30+

Totally happy to be +7 at this point against a team that’s been to the playoffs the last 3 years on their home field! It’ll be fun to see how it moves as we get closer to kickoff...

Reactions: VolinMC

I've never said he was top tier, you assume which in my opinion devalues your argument. Also, his percentages on long passes this past year are the exact opposite of what you say so theres that as well.

Taylor and Warrior hurt. But I try not to even think about Bituli. He is going to be missed in a HUGE way.
I know Warrior came on strong Midway through the season, but I believe his successors will do a fine job in filling his shoes. Bituli is irreplaceable, IMO. Hopefully someone like Baron can fill in where Taylor left off.

14-17 is laughable. More like 30+
Laughable? In what way? How about you give us the games in JG has started where we scored 30+ points. Shouldn’t take you long to list them.

Here, let me help....1 in 2019, 1 in 2018 (scored 30 on the nose vs Auburn) and Zero in 2017.

Matter of fact, throw in the non-P5 teams he’s started against, and the number barely even changes.....zero in 2017, 1 in 2018 (vs ETSU) and 2 in 2019 (lost vs GaState and won vs UTC).

Now go back and list all the games he’s started where he “led” the team to 14-17 points or less. It’s a much longer list....4 in 2019, 6 in 2018, 5 in 2017.

But yeah, it’s laughable to think with Guarantano at QB we’re more likely to score 14-17 points rather than 30+.

Reactions: VolInNW
I know Warrior came on strong Midway through the season, but I believe his successors will do a fine job in filling his shoes. Bituli is irreplaceable, IMO. Hopefully someone like Baron can fill in where Taylor left off.
All 3 a very replaceable. Henry T will quickly replace and be better than Bituli.....Warrior, as you mentioned, only came on late, the last 7-8 games of the year so I believe he’s pretty easily replaced with a guy like McCullough...and Taylor was wildly inconsistent and unproductive in a majority of his games, averaging 6.5 sacks and about 9 TFLs the last 3 years. We’ll have 3-4 guys who can potentially replace that production this year.

I Know. I went to Sams today with my P95 mask on, and kids were giggling and "adults" smirking. It's all a big joke to most people in South Alabama. They aren't tuned to the news; or they would have seen what a disaster ITALY is; most of Europe, and they had the same attitude 3 weeks ago. Now, they don't have enough rooms for all the sick, so they are having to LET People die. Rationing care; and giving the sickest patients last rites. With everything shutting down; why can't these people get it? MORONS.
Well said. Sad times here.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I believe the Oklahoma game is our most realistic opportunity at an upset. Losing Jalen Hurts is crushing. I hear this talk from Oklahoma fans that the "freshman" coming in is better, but I don't know how. Hurts had 3800 yards passing, 32 passing TDs (to only 8 interceptions), nearly 1400 yards rushing and 20 TDs rushing. Not sure how a freshman (redshirt) is going to be that kind of threat in his second game (I know they have had their streak of quarterback, but not one of them was a freshman).

On top of that, their defense is suspect. They lost two starters on the defensive line and their linebackers are not good. This is a team that gave up over 40 to KState and Iowa State.

I am not saying I would bet on Tennessee to win (I quit betting on Tennessee 20 years ago), but I do like our chances in this game better than I do the other games that we will be underdogs in.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back