Oklahoma Opens As 7 Point Favorite

UT easily wins this game. CJP has us on a roll (a winning roll), all the players have bought into the program, we've just finished with super recruiting results-I'm smelling a NATY...

Not sure finishing 7th in the SEC in recruiting counts as super.

Seem perhaps a bit low. With JG, early in the season, breaking in a new receiver corps, against a good team, I'd say we are limited to 14-17 points. Not sure that's enough to win, and in fact I would have expected the line to be closer to 10.

Flame away if you will, but JG limits us. Regardless of whether he is the 'best' option, with him at QB, we don't have a complete set of options on offense.

It is what it is.

The best option or the safe option? If BM didn’t play so wreckless and careless he at the very least adds another dimension to the game. That being said I sadly agree. The game early in the season will be a big moment for him and his play will suffer along with the young kids

He carved up Auburn 2 years ago and that Auburn D was much better than the D Oklahoma will put on the field next year.

You can bet Gus will sleep walk at least twice a year to teams he shouldn’t and when his heads on the chopping block he’ll beat Saban to get off the block.

Reactions: Lilcarl731
I want the team to play well and win but last year did not provide many reasons for confidence. It was a low scoring team.

Seem perhaps a bit low. With JG, early in the season, breaking in a new receiver corps, against a good team, I'd say we are limited to 14-17 points. Not sure that's enough to win, and in fact I would have expected the line to be closer to 10.

Flame away if you will, but JG limits us. Regardless of whether he is the 'best' option, with him at QB, we don't have a complete set of options on offense.

It is what it is.

I expect line play to favor UT but unless we can pass with some consistency and replace a starting OLB and MLB with consistency then they have an advantage there. Warrior will be missed at DB but there is plenty of experience back there.

It is what it is.
i agree with everything u said, BUT its the OU defense. We could probably get 25-30 on them by mistake.

Oklahoma would be a middle of the pack SEC team most years. Apparently the LSU coaches thought they were the 5th best team LSU played last year (before they played Clemson, so really 6th).

Thank goodness we are a middle of the pack team again too; should be a good game! GBO!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
MERGE (ha ha, can I tell @Freak that?)

The spread is lower than I would have thought. I would have thought OU would have been a 7-10 point fave on a neutral field which would make at OU in the 10-13 point range. I do think the COVID issues will help us more than them (will OU have enough reps to get timing down before they play us).

MERGE (ha ha, can I tell @Freak that?)

The spread is lower than I would have thought. I would have thought OU would have been a 7-10 point fave on a neutral field which would make at OU in the 10-13 point range. I do think the COVID issues will help us more than them (will OU have enough reps to get timing down before they play us).
Whoops. I've been too busy reading coronavirus threads. Lol.

I honestly thought it would be double digits. This is a line that would make Corso say "Somebody knows something."

He carved up Auburn 2 years ago and that Auburn D was much better than the D Oklahoma will put on the field next year.

Well If I recall correctly, He threw a lot of 50/50 jump balls, and OUR GUYS Caught them. I remember more than once yelling "Did he Catch THAT?" We shall see.

It is what it is.
Also, with the loss of Taylor, Bituli, and Warrior, that gives me a little heartburn.

VN Store

Back