Oklahoma News

You mean like the 400 yard/SEC player of the week performance at Mizzou that got us bowl eligible?

He's good for one big game a year. Yaaaay for him! 😑

He lost us the games against BYU and Ga St.
And he almost did the same with Indiana.

It's VERY simple what needs to happen.
We need to run the ball behind our big oline until one of the young QBs takes the reins.
And play smothering opportunistic defense

He's good for one big game a year. Yaaaay for him! 😑

He lost us the games against BYU and Ga St.
And he almost did the same with Indiana.

It's VERY simple what needs to happen.
We need to run the ball behind our big oline until one of the young QBs takes the reins.
And play smothering opportunistic defense

Got it! Thanks for the info.

Reactions: LittleVol
I think our offense will try to establish the run game early to take the pressure off JG and rely on the defense to get a couple of turnovers from an inexperienced QB. If we can get 10 pts off turnovers, we can win this game.

Because the have a better team and HC.
How do you know this???

Would LSU have put 50 points on us in 1 half last year???

We're going to be better team this than we were last year. OU will probably not be for themselves.

I'm not sure they beat us if we play last year.

And i think we have the better defense and the offense to score against them.

Lincoln Riley hasn't played Tennessee's schedule the past 4 years. So I'm not sure he's better than Pruitt.

I think our offense will try to establish the run game early to take the pressure off JG and rely on the defense to get a couple of turnovers from an inexperienced QB. If we can get 10 pts off turnovers, we can win this game.

When JG doesn't think so much he can move the offense.
OU's defense ain't $hit...period.
So why are we trying to play ball control?

Is their new QB going to move up and down the field on a Pruitt defense loaded with 3 year guys???

I'll take my chances with the boys in Big Orange...👍

A hot and humid summer will kick COVID in the nuts. Let's play some football, protect the old folks and start living again.

I wish this were true...but there's still no vaccine. 💔

I hope everyone is preparing for the winter.

I believe football can continue in some manner, but there won't be100,000 plus crowds in a stadium this fall..

If they establish the run game, opens up play action passing. Gives JG more time, and maybe, just maybe, he improves his accuracy as a passer. If Pruitt feels playing ball control gives him the best chance to win, that what he’s going to try to do. If our OL is as good as we all hope it will be, they should be able to do that.

As far as what OU offense will do against our defense, I am hoping the players we now have along with the coaching staff, they can contain their offense. Still a lot of “ifs and buts” to be figured out, but I’m am gaining confidence we can win this game, assuming it is played.

Is their new QB going to move up and down the field on a Pruitt defense loaded with 3 year guys???

Excellent post, Butch.

Reactions: 901 Orange
Scrub or not. He threw for 400 on the road, and got us bowl eligible in a freezing rain/ with a broken hand. He also saved us at Kentucky on the road, which is 3 big road performances not 1.
JG didn't save us against Kentucky, Our defense saved us against Kentucky...I swear you JG worshippers are hilarious!...I hope he has a good year but come on!...He wouldn't start at any other SEC school except maybe Vandy.

OU returns 16 starters in 2020, 8 on each side of the ball. This will be the 2nd year in the new D scheme that improved from the 100's to the 30's in D rankings. The OU kicker also returns and he did not miss a FG all year.
The question marks are: new first year starter at QB; will D improve more?; who will step up at MLB and DT.
We return our entire O-line and are absolutely loaded at the skill positions. Losing Trey Sermon not ideal but talent and depth at RB position.
Finally, all LR said was he thought June 1st was too early to open practice. He wants the season to happen.

That’s bad juju. Anytime something like this happens, it does the opposite to me. Now I think we’re going to lose.

Even on his best days, I think he struggles putting it in the endzone.

Reactions: NEO and LittleVol
Even on his best days, I think he struggles putting it in the endzone.
Absolutely.

He'll be a great coach one day I think. Because he is aware of his shortcomings.

He's a cerebral guy too. He just doesn't process info fast enough.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't think OU is afraid of us. They don't care how many points we score, they think they will score more. With Bituli, Taylor and Warrior gone, they see lots of opportunity even for a new QB (when was the last time they had a returning QB?)
Pruitt's game plan will be to control the clock on offense, limiting the number of possessions, attempt to disguise the defense to create confusion and maybe a turnover for a freshman (that is new for OU at QB) QB.
I won't be surprised if they don't have a package or a series for Mauer just to throw them off even more.

Reactions: NEO
b8f8156b-929f-4357-b5d9-a20821a4adc1-jpeg.249005

My advice to JG
A2F2F6B1-9A8B-4D47-BB76-9D2B0C66B507.jpeg

Reactions: kcvols1
JG didn't save us against Kentucky, Our defense saved us against Kentucky...I swear you JG worshippers are hilarious!...I hope he has a good year but come on!...He wouldn't start at any other SEC school except maybe Vandy.

We scored 3 points without him and Maurer couldn’t hit the side of a barn. We scored 14 with him which was the difference in the game. Actually I wasn’t the first person to say how clutch he was,his head coach said it after the game. Also calling me a “JG worshiper“after I repeatedly said he’s not - good QB means you were either too lazy to read the thread or you have reading comprehension struggles. Either way.....take a lap.

We scored 3 points without him and Maurer couldn’t hit the side of a barn. We scored 14 with him which was the difference in the game. Actually I wasn’t the first person to say how clutch he was,his head coach said it after the game. Also calling me a “JG worshiper“after I repeatedly said he’s not - good QB means you were either too lazy to read the thread or you have reading comprehension struggles. Either way.....take a lap.
Boom.

No the difference in the game was our defense stopping UK on the goal line with time running out...JG inability to move the offense put our defense in that situation...Did you actually watch the game?...JG threw for 115 yards that game and Callaway made 2 incredible catches for scores...you might try and convince some people about how good he is but the ones of us who actually watch the games understand he is all we got right now and until Baily or someone else steps up we will be holding our breath every game wondering and worrying if JG is going to screw up another one....Now you take a lap.

VN Store

Back