Oklahoma is beatable next season

Their best playmaker just declared for the draft today. They looked small to me yesterday. I like our chances, especially if our receivers prove to be a quality group next year. We'll be better than them at every single position group next season and it's time for this staff to start racking up some wins vs ranked opponents on the road.

OK takes a step back at the QB slot by not playing Spencer Rattler in big games / games they were ahead to pad Hurts Heisman chances. Kid looks to have all the tools if a big time QB but zero game experience.

Coach Lincoln Riley failed at his biggest recruiting job by not getting CeeDee Lamb to stick around and help the young QB out.

As LSU showed, unless they get help in the secondary fast all you need to do is sit back and send the ball downfield.

Now that said, will we have the receiving corps and QB to make those type plays. I think we will and our D will be legit enough to keep their run game closed up and we win this one.

Be a good way to crank up 2020.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Their best playmaker just declared for the draft today. They looked small to me yesterday. I like our chances, especially if our receivers prove to be a quality group next year. We'll be better than them at every single position group next season and it's time for this staff to start racking up some wins vs ranked opponents on the road.
Do you realize they return thier entire OLine. And 9 of 11 starters on defense. From an 12-2 play off team? I love the faith but we have proved nothing by beating teams that are. 500. I dont understand where all this unwarranted confidence is coming from...

Do you realize they return thier entire OLine. And 9 of 11 starters on defense. From an 12-2 play off team? I love the faith but we have proved nothing by beating teams that are. 500. I dont understand where all this unwarranted confidence is coming from...
Compare the position groupings, we return better players at key positions more than they do. They don't have a Henry T at LB, we have 4 CBs that would start for them, our OL is better than theirs I believe and we'll be a bunch better if we have Trey, Kennedy and steal the Freshman OT from Ga. They have absolutely zero experience next year at QB, RB and WR and that won't be good vs an experienced Pruitt led defense. Our bigtime players next year will be Palmer, Chandler, Gray, Gibbs, Henry T, Crouch, Alontae, Thompson, JG, Trey, Morris, Wright, Kennedy, Solomon, Bennett, Cimaglia and 2 or 3 of the incoming freshmen, I don't think you can come up with that many quality names for Ok.

Compare the position groupings, we return better players at key positions more than they do. They don't have a Henry T at LB, we have 4 CBs that would start for them, our OL is better than theirs I believe and we'll be a bunch better if we have Trey, Kennedy and steal the Freshman OT from Ga. They have absolutely zero experience next year at QB, RB and WR and that won't be good vs an experienced Pruitt led defense. Our bigtime players next year will be Palmer, Chandler, Gray, Gibbs, Henry T, Crouch, Alontae, Thompson, JG, Trey, Morris, Wright, Kennedy, Solomon, Bennett, Cimaglia and 2 or 3 of the incoming freshmen, I don't think you can come up with that many quality names for Ok.
I cant name that many cuz i dont follow them...but i can see that they return 2 RBs that rushed for over 1500 yards combined behind that returning Online
.in case dont see why thats important is because that onlt 200 yards less then our team total.

On defense they return over 20 of thier teeam tot 36 sacks

I appreciate the confidence but just cuz u dont follow them like we do TN doesnt mean they can be written off.. they have had top 10 recruiting classes the last 3 seasons...

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
If Kansas State can beat them this year. Vols can beat them next year.

It would mess them up significantly if Lincoln leaves unless they have an Assistant Coach that they can promote. Presumably not Grinch.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Would be sweet if coach Riley took an NFL job,then his replacement would be working a new system in.We.Will be another year.older.with the same (pretty much)coaching staff.Players on offense second year,more famiiar.with calls etc.We played them well in Norman with B..cheered as the.lead.Now,we have coach pruitt.Everybody loses except us next year.
What's up with all the periods? Makes for a pretty jerky read trying to work in all the stops lol

Reactions: FLVOL_79
We were in the game against top ranked Alabama until our QB went rogue. You heard it here 1st. We beat them by 2 scores next year.

giphy.gif

I hope the return their whole defense. They must have vd and kids all over the place because they can’t cover c**k.

We aren't very good at scoring north of 21-24 points (the offense, I mean). Even against crappy teams. We could be even worse next year, without Calloway and Jennings to pull down all those 50/50 balls.
Were not going to be worse we’re going to have a better and deeper receiver corps next year. Receivers are one fastest positions to develop and I see a lot of young talent there. The stat masters will wait till Thanksgiving next year to “see” it.

It happens every year at this time. Wait until the Summer ...

Oklahoma had the seventh-rated recruiting class in 2017 and the eighth in 2018. Both demonstrably better than ours at the same time. I'm sure they have quality players. I just don't follow the Big 12 as closely as I do the SEC and our main rivals, so I can't sit here and rattle off their roster.

I'm looking at the Big 12 trying to find any team that would be better than mid-pack in the SEC. The thought was that Baylor had taken a step forward... but that looks pretty obvious now as a step back by OU. TAM which is clearly a mid-pack team right now beat the third best team in the Big 12. ISU was dominated by a good, not great, ND team. Texas vs Utah will be interesting. KSU gets Navy?

It is a weak conference that offered a weak representative to the playoff.... which will probably cost them in the next few years if there's competition for a spot.

None of this necessarily means UT will beat OU. But it appears much more reasonable now than it did before LSU mauled them.

Oklahoma had the seventh-rated recruiting class in 2017 and the eighth in 2018. Both demonstrably better than ours at the same time. I'm sure they have quality players. I just don't follow the Big 12 as closely as I do the SEC and our main rivals, so I can't sit here and rattle off their roster.
Within the margin of error. Over the last 4 years, UT averages #16 while OU averages #10. There's not enough difference there to prove a clear talent advantage.

VN Store

Back