Ohio State DB Andre Turrentine transferring to Tennessee

“I’ve already been down there multiple times. I’ve been down there (with) the old staff, with the old, old staff, (and) with the old, old, old staff. It’s nothing new for me. But looking at what Tennessee has going now, it looks like there’s finally some stability there and a promising future and productivity going on there."

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Just summed up our past futility and dark clouds lifting in one pretty funny but true statement.

Will he be able contribute right away or does he need time to develop before he contributes?
I am glad they are addressing this need, I hope he can help us out in this coming season. We need a stronger secondary to win some of the games we need to win to have a big year.

The fellow single-handedly could have saved 200 yds of Purdue passing and won the game.

How about we find someone to replace Banks as well? He isn’t very good.

Totally disagree. He was 2nd in the conference in tackles. Made play after play after play last season. In fact, I believe he led the conference in solo tackles. Our defense had alot of problems last season. He wasn't one.

The personal fouls continued to be an issue, particularly early in the season. That's fair criticism. But there's no way we wouldn't have been much worse without him last year on defense.

Last edited:
He was on the field for 106 snaps in OSU's spring game. Was still projected to be 3rd string though. He is still a welcome addition to the defense.
Agree 100%. #9 Safety in his class and all of the big schools were after him. A redshirt year under his belt at a big time school. Here’s to hoping he’s a future star!

Totally disagree. He was 2nd in the conference in tackles. Made play after play after play last season. In fact, I believe he led the conference in solo tackles. Our d had many problems last season. He wasn't one.

The personal fouls continued to be an issue. That's fair criticism. But there's no way we wouldn't have been much worse without him last year on defense.

He missed quite a few tackles, was routinely torched in coverage and couldn’t contain a QB. Just getting a lot of tackles doesn’t make a LB good. So he was 2nd in the SEC in tackles? Did he make 1st or 2nd team all SEC? No he didn’t. Why?

He was 4th in solo tackles. Which isn’t that terrible. But 14th in TFL, didn’t rank in the top 20 in the SEC in sacks. If we would have had competent LB play Pitt, Ole Miss and Perdue are wins. Bryce Young had his career day rushing against us. A big reason for that was our LBs that included Banks.

So no Banks isn’t that good. Looking at his complete stats (not just cherry picking one) he would not likely be starting for many SEC teams. Hopefully he has drastically improved.

Reactions: RangerVol
He missed quite a few tackles, was routinely torched in coverage and couldn’t contain a QB. Just getting a lot of tackles doesn’t make a LB good. So he was 2nd in the SEC in tackles? Did he make 1st or 2nd team all SEC? No he didn’t. Why?

He was 4th in solo tackles. Which isn’t that terrible. But 14th in TFL, didn’t rank in the top 20 in the SEC in sacks. If we would have had competent LB play Pitt, Ole Miss and Perdue are wins. Bryce Young had his career day rushing against us. A big reason for that was our LBs that included Banks.

So no Banks isn’t that good. Looking at his complete stats (not just cherry picking one) he would not likely be starting for many SEC teams. Hopefully he has drastically improved.

I'm sure a player with 128 tackles pretty much proves his around the ball enough to miss a tackle here and there. The bigger question is imagine how much better he'd be with a better LB next to him that could tackle. We probably wouldn't be saying he missed too many tackles, even though he had 128. Disagree again on blaming him for the losses unless we're willing to credit him with the wins.

I'm seeing he was 2nd in tackles, tied for 9th in sacks (as an ILB). Most of the LBs in the top five like Will Anderson play exclusively on the edge. Also looks like he was 2nd in the conference in Pass Deflections with 4. It's ok to not like the guy, but it's hard to argue he wasn't one of the lone bright spots on a defense last year. Theo and Butler are the only ones who come to mind that were on the field as much that played harder and gave as much effort when you watch closely.

I'll say again that it's extremely disingenuous to blame our (by a landslide) leading tackler for losses, but not credit him for wins.

He didn't make 1st or 2nd team all conference because that's only two spots and he wasn't one of the best two linebackers in the best conference. However, that doesn't mean he wasn't one of our 3 best defensive players. Really, it's entirely likely he should be regarded as one of the top returning ILBs in the SEC.

Last edited:
This is a really big deal. I'm expecting us to go 9-3. Uncle Mo has moved in and he's loving Knoxville

Just summed up our past futility and dark clouds lifting in one pretty funny but true statement.
Let's hope not for the old old old old staff to be a real thing. We still have a long ways to go

Totally disagree. He was 2nd in the conference in tackles. Made play after play after play last season. In fact, I believe he led the conference in solo tackles. Our defense had alot of problems last season. He wasn't one.

The personal fouls continued to be an issue, particularly early in the season. That's fair criticism. But there's no way we wouldn't have been much worse without him last year on defense.

I'd have agree with the notion that Banks isn't that good. But I think you have you consider the lack of experience when evaluating him. Hopefully another full off-season in the same system knowing where he's going to play will help his development.

“I’ve already been down there multiple times. I’ve been down there (with) the old staff, with the old, old staff, (and) with the old, old, old staff. It’s nothing new for me. But looking at what Tennessee has going now, it looks like there’s finally some stability there and a promising future and productivity going on there."

🤣🤣🤣🤣

But what about the DB guru that was here before. How did he not jump at the chance. 🤔

What's funny is. Had he said this out of his mouth 2 5 or 8 years ago, he would be the most toxic and universally despised kids in the state. LOL

Starter from day 1??
Don't get carried away.. doesn't know the defense .. I would consider moving McCullough maybe down in box as a OLB .. seems a step slow at safety.. Mcdonald may fall in that Category also .. when we play our 2 -3-6 defense

VN Store

Back