Ohio State AD Gene Smith says 'you can't ignore' persistent talk of a 16-team College Football Playoff

with all these super confrences just take all the undefeated teams and set a playoff bracket

8 and no more. 16 is too many games. Hell games with 1 vs 4 aren’t competitive. What will 1vs 16 look like?
I don’t think they’ll do 1 vs 16. I think in the 12 team format 1-4 get a first round bye, while 5-12 play, and so on.

ah. the everybody-gets-a-trophy mentality. great.
Keep in mind here that the pro-playoff crowd, to a man, and there are millions of them, are all claiming this will make bowl games "meaningful".

I just say be careful what you wish for. I'm sure there are Alabama and Notre Dame fans who'd like to see Alabama and Notre Dame play 15 games a year.

If that happens then being in a Super conference makes even less sense. Why beat yourself to death during the season.

If that happens then being in a Super conference makes even less sense. Why beat yourself to death during the season.
What makes sense to me is to incentivize the regular season by giving byes and home fields to the highest ranked teams. I know I bang this drum all the time, but the CFP is going to expand, and the best thing that can happen is for the first 2 rounds to be on college campuses. I can’t imagine how great it would be for us to be a top 8 team and to host a CFP game in Neyland. That would be an amazing scene.

VN Store

Back